Things To Keep In Mind If You're In An Urgency To Sell Your Home
Emergency situations can arise out of nowhere and this may lead someone into selling one of their greatest assets, their house. Situations such as a job loss or a family member falling severely ill can lead to such a decision. In a state of hurry experts at property.sulekha.com recommend to keep calm and sell your house keeping a few pointers to keep in mind.
- Pricing your house well- If you really want to sell your house quick, you need to set the price just right. If you overprice or under-price, either way it will take much longer to sell your house. In today’s robust market, it is just fine to set the price of your house at 10% more than the current market price. This percentage will act as a cushion for negotiation.
- More marketing better buyers- Advertising on a large scale and leaving no stone unturned will lead to many more options in terms of prospective buyers. Even if your house is For Sale by Owner (FSBO) it is highly recommended to market your house across every media such as newspaper, internet and so on.
- Presentation is everything- The moment you start getting contacted by prospective buyers, arrange and tidy up your house for viewing. It helps a great deal to keep your house presentable since this makes the house look worth it and will eventually help sell the house a tad bit faster.
- Hire a broker- If you are not well experienced in the selling process for houses but need to sell it urgently, you should hire a good legitimate broker who will assist you through the selling process and will get better buyers for the sale of your house. You can also get a little insight into how to quote the price for your house from these professional industry insiders. Yes, you may have to pay the broker a commission but decide whether getting a really high resale price important or selling the house soon.
- Scammers- There are many scammers on the internet who are always on the prowl for desperate sellers taking desperate measures. If you are someone who has just sprouted all of a sudden from nowhere then you are an easy target. If you come across a buyer who is willing to pay the mortgage or wants to buy your house at the quoted price without any negotiation, hire an attorney as a safety measure and have him/her look into any paperwork thoroughly and guide you with the steps that follow.