Panzanella is a typical authentic Tuscan salad, nowadays very popular all over Italy in Summer. The recipe requires soaked stale bread, which is mixed up with red onion, basil , salt etc ingredients and dressed with olive oil and vinegar .
1) Italian bread, torn into bite-size pieces
2) 3 tablespoons of olive oil
3) Kosher salt and pepper
4) Garlic cloves
5) 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
6) 3 medium ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
7) 1/2 thinly sliced red onion
8) 10 basil leaves, shredded
9) 1/2 cup pitted and halved green olives
10) 1/2 1 cup fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-size pieces
Total Time :
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F .
2) In a large bowl, toss the bread with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, the salt, pepper, and garlic cloves.
3) Put the bread on a baking sheet, and toast in the preheated oven until golden, about 5–8 minutes; allow to cool down slightly.
4) While the bread is in the oven, whisk together 1/4 cup of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Gently toss together the bread, tomatoes, onion, basil, olives, and mozzarella cheese.
5) Toss with the vinaigrette and let stand for 25 minutes before serving.