The best way to start your 30s
A few weeks ago I turned 30. To celebrate I decided to do something different. I sent an email asking my closest friends and family to suggest ideas for 30 extraordinary adventures and challenges to complete this year. The response was overwhelming…
I haven’t been able to wipe the smile of my face since sending that email. Ideas came in from all corners of the globe. And it’s been absolutely fascinating going through them all and seeing the different edges your world can push you in.
For example, a few of the idea’s I received included, to learn:
How to milk a cow.
Or a more introspective challenge like:
Buy a nice study journal and hand log into it 30 entries, one for each year of your life as you remember it.
And on the other end of the spectrum:
Host an photography exhibition entitled ”dreams are free” reflecting 30 pics of the dreamer spirit.
One that really stuck out to me was simply:
I challenge you to be still.
Thank you everyone enough for taking the time to come up with such thoughtful and considered ideas for my year ahead. I’ve listed below a few more of the ideas recieved over the past few weeks. I’m sure they will spark a fire within each of you to invite more challenges into your life as well. And please if you have any other ideas feel free to add them here.
I’ve already been working hard to compile all these ideas into a list of 30 adventures to complete this year. And I’ll be sharing this list with you all shortly. It’s certainly going to be an incredible year! Stay tuned here.
- Start a revolution
- Walk from the highest tip of Manhattan to the lowest and stop in fun places along the way
- Write a short story
- Come and see me!
- Visit all the places on land that have the ley lines meet
- Appear on a US game show
- See how long/far you can travel for with no money… just relying on the help of strangers
- Dress up and act as a clown for kids in hospital
- Publish a book
- Improve the lives of 30 people
- Go see the Aurora Borealis
- Spin a globe and stop it with your finger, and go to that place
- Hang out with the orang-utans in Borneo
- Go to Graceland dressed like Elvis
- Document all your adventures on a YouTube channel (so we can all watch these episodes!)
- Climb Mount Dachstein through the “Kaiser Franz Joseph” via ferrata
- Sit front row at a Sigur Ros concert
- Transsiberian From Moscow to Beijing
- Come over to Sweden for Midsummer and take on the snaps challenge
- Think of the thing that you have been the most afraid of doing for a while and go and do that
- Everest basecamp
- Camino de Santiago walk across Spain
- Drive across the Andes mountains from Vina del Mar to Mendoza
- White water rafting somewhere extreme
- Spend a day working in an impoverished area or soup kitchen
- Do an ironman
- Learn how throw a pot using a potter’s wheel — Ghost style recommended
- 10 day Vipassana in India
- Swim the english channel
- Learn a magic trick