Hacking IoT — HackLAB returns for 2017
Saturday October 7th and Sunday October 8th, 2017
Back by popular demand, the Everything IoT HackLAB 2017 is on again. And this time we’re holding it at one of the homes of Australia’s startup ecosystem — muru-D in Sydney. Applications are now open and you can download the Application Pack at the Everything IoT website.
If the Everything IoT HackLAB 2016 provided any level of foresight, then Australia’s IoT future is indeed bright. And we’re just getting started…
There’s pretty much a hackathon on every day of the week. So in an industry that is effectively only now finding its feet in Australia, it was hugely encouraging that so many people wanted to participate with a level of engagement typically reserved for more well-known categories such as blockchain and fintech. So that’s why we’re back, even bigger and better for 2017.
The Internet of Things is the single biggest technical innovation opportunity to hit Australia in decades.
The mission of Everything IoT is to turn Australia into a global IoT leader as measured by the number of startups, their valuations and revenues. We propel Australian innovation in the IoT space through the creation of an enduring community of IoT pioneers, enthusiasts, practitioners and implementers. We encourage continuous collaboration and knowledge sharing in the common pursuit of supporting IoT innovation shaping the future of the biggest wave of technological innovation in Australia.
Demand is high for teams wanting to participate in the HackLAB. Last year teams from Hoyts, The Iconic, Gronade, and KPMG competed alongside teams from IoT startups Elanation, Morsemicro and Farmbot as well as the IoT developer community.
Everything IoT HackLAB Partners
This year our IoT technical partners include AWS, Microsoft, Telstra, Reekoh, LX Group and Thinxtra. They will be bringing a range of IoT software, hardware and network capabilities to support the teams over the weekend.
We’ll also have a number of highly experienced mentors who are donating their time to support teams are looking for expert advice.
How to Apply
A maximum of 12 teams will be selected from Corporates, Startups and the IoT Developer Community. These teams will come together to invent the future of IoT in Australia.
- It’s FREE to apply and participate
- Ideally teams will be up to 5 or 6 people
- Teams should form PRIOR to applying — however individual applicants are encouraged and will have an opportunity to join existing teams
- Applications are required and must be completed via the this online form
- 3 amazing prizes for the top 3 teams announced at the Everything IoT Summit on October 11–12, 2017
- Free access to IoT software, hardware and networks
- Work with some of the best IoT mentors in Australia
- All participating teams get 2 complimentary tickets each to the Everything IoT Summit on October 11–12, 2017 ($1,990 in value)
- HackLab will be filmed and a highlight video will be screened during the Everything IoT Summit
- The Top 3 Teams from the HackLAB will be selected to present during the Everything IoT Summit 2017
Themes and Corporate Challenges
Teams are asked to develop innovation IoT solutions focused on the following themes. There will also be specific challenges set by our corporate partners.
- Smart Cities and Transportation
- Health and Wellbeing
- Agriculture and Food Technology
- Energy and Resources
And in case you are wondering — participants 100% own anything they produce. If a ground-breaking idea is discovered through this process, Everything IoT will discuss commercial options with the team involved.
The prizes are amazing, so what are you waiting for? We look forward to seeing you at Everything IoT HackLAB!