Aam Panna — A Refreshing Drink For Diabetics
As we all know from last few years there been a debate regarding whether mangoes to be consumed or not. But in recent studies, it has been proved that mango can be beneficial for diabetic if consumed in a suggestive way.
Aam Panna is a popular tangy summer cooler. Worried about how to prepare it? Don’t worry we got the easiest recipe to prepare aam panna. Green mango panna or aam panna is a great remedy for heat stroke and dehydration and digestion. It is packed with vitamins too.
Cooking time: 20 mins
Ingredients for aam panna:
- 3 medium size green raw mangoes
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- Black salt to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Mint leaves (pudina paste)
- Ice crushed
How to prepare aam panna at home:
- Place the mangoes along with water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.Then remove from fire.
- Alternatively, you can pressure cook the mangoes with water till soft.
- Leave them to cool and then peel the mangoes and get the pulp with the help of a spoon. Grind mango pulp along with water to a smooth paste.
- In a pan take the pulpy mixture, add sugar and let it cook on flame till the sugar dissolves completely. Stir continuously lest you burn the mixture.
- Remove from fire and add roasted cumin powder, black salt and salt.
- Let this mixture cool down properly.
- To make the drink: take a tall glass pour 1 -2 tbsp of the mango mixture and pour in chilled water till 3/4th. Now add finely chopped mint and crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your desire.
- You can use jaggery instead of sugar.
- This mixture can stay in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Originally published at sugarcare.in on May 17, 2017.