8 of My Favorite Business & Self-Improvement Books
I originally wrote this article on LinkedIn in December 2017
One thing that has helped me improve in my personal life and at work, is reading. Both books and the 100s of blogs & articles out there. Now, I am no Bill Gates (50 books a year = 1 book every week).
I always coach my team, in particular budding product managers, to keep reading about business, building startups, sales, marketing, presentation skills, and so on.
Here are some of my super high, must-read recommendations on books:
- The Elements of Style: Strunk & White
- How to win friends & influence people: Dale Carnegie
- Positioning: The battle for your mind: Ries & Trout
- The Tipping Point: Malcolm Gladwell
- Good to Great: Jim Collins
- Crossing the Chasm: Geoffrey Moore
- Little Red Book of Selling: Jeffrey Gitomer
- Made to Stick: Heath & Heath
There are so many others, but this is a great starting list. I know I am missing many good ones like Lean Startup, Blink, Outliers, Thinkings Fast & Slow, etc. I also forget the name of the book I read on presentation skills early on (it was one of those inspired by Steve Jobs presentation style).
What are your favorite, must-read business books? Please post in comments below.
More Business, Product Management, Sales, Marketing Articles
If you liked reading this blog, check out my other product management articles:
- 11 Practical Tips for Product Managers
- 3 Skills The Best Product Managers Have
- The Only Two Customers that Product Managers Have
- How to move from Engineering to Product Management
- 8 Insanely Simple Ideas to Grow Sales at a Small Business
Connect with me on LinkedIn.