10 great ways to lose weight and burn fat naturally
Losing weight is the best way to stay healthy but it requires a bit of discipline on your part. A large piece of creamy cake may be enticing but remember that it has a lot of fat and will ruin your weight loss routine. Read on for the top 10 tips that can help you get ship-shape quickly.
- Exercise: Working out on a regular basis is the best way to burn calories. If hitting the gym seems like a herculean task, try jogging, cycling, walking or even running. A combination of cardio and resistance exercises can really help you lose those extra kilos.
- Switch to proteins: Proteins have a lot of nutrients and boost your metabolism hugely. It helps you feel full all day and you tend to snack on other foods less.
- Say ‘no’ to processed food: Eating healthy and home-made food is the best way to tackle weight issues. Consume more on fruits and vegetables rather than canned food or even fast food items. Yoghurt, nuts, carrots, apples and other whole fruits should be added to your daily food. Carbonated water and beverages should be strictly avoided.
- Cut-down sweets: Sugar is necessary for the body but for every cup of tea the amount of sweet consumed can be alarming. Try drinking unsweetened tea and sugar for as long as you intend to lose weight. Artificial sweeteners may be unhealthy and should be avoided.
- Drink water: Staying hydrated is very important if you want to shed kilos. It helps to flush away all the harmful stuff from your system and curb appetite. Water-weight initially may be an issue but the more your body stays hydrated the more it will not retain weight.
- Consume less sodium: Sodium increases body weight and should be limited to a minimum. It reduces water retention and makes you look bloated.
- Stopping snacking: Eat a full and heavy meal consisting of a balance of proteins, vitamins and minerals. This should stop the habit of snacking and cut down on the extra weight gain. Finger foods, burgers only make the body shapeless and add extra kilos.
- Eat a chocolate: Being sinful once in a while is not harmful. If your sweet urge is really hard try a dark chocolate. The flavonoid present in the chocolate curbs the sugar craving and slows down the absorption of sugar in the body. It also helps to control the craving for fat and salt. However, keep in mind that at least 70 per cent of the chocolate should be cocoa because sugar and milk only add to the fat content.
- Get sufficient sleep: While you are trying hard to lose weight and control your food urges, make sure that you get enough sleep as well. At least 7–8 hours of sleep is necessary for adults. It is important to rest the body and allow it to function properly.
10. Lead a routine life: Everything has a definite time and you should stick to it. Make a proper routine surrounding your schedule and your weight loss program and don’t budge from it. You will get results.