Home security is becoming a bigger issue these days especially with crime increasing in the burglary and home invasion areas. Part of the reason that crime going up is because the best electronic peephole economy is so bad. It has always been that way.
But there other reasons too; the growing proliferation of drugs causes more people to become desperate for money and believe it or not home burglary and home invasion is actually pretty easy to pull off.
Sixty percent of home burglaries happen through unlocked doors and windows. Most home burglaries and I mean ninety percent of them can be prevented. The overwhelming majority of home invasions start right through the front door when someone opens the front door reflexively instead of seeing who is there.
There are several things you can do to make your home less desirable as a target that are free or low cost.
1. Start or join a neighborhood watch.
2. Trimming shrubs around lower-level doors and windows
3. Put up a sign warning about vicious guard dog.
4. Lock your doors and windows even when you’re at home.
5. If you have darkened areas around your home install motion activated spotlights.
6. Use your peephole before opening your front door.
The absolute best way to improve your home security is with a home surveillance camera or home security camera. Here are the top six home surveillance cameras.
1. Vandal resistant infrared day night high resolution color dome camera — provides protection in almost any environment and has 36 infrared LEDs that give night illumination up to 80 feet away. The camera is fully adjustable rotating 360 degrees and has a manual tilt of 10 to 120 degrees.
2 Lowlight outdoor bullet camera-can be used indoors or outdoors and in low light conditions is fully weatherproof and comes wired or wireless.
3. Day night color camera-this bullet camera automatically switches from color to black-and-white and low light conditions with 30 built-in infrared illuminators. It’s fully weatherproof.
4. Day night bullet camera with 56 infrared LEDs -this camera allows you to see record and total darkness up to 60 feet away. Comes in wired or wireless models.
5. 220 times day night zoom camera- uses a super Sony HAD designed to remove the electronic holes to reduce noise levels. The unique digital slow shutter allows more light which creates better viewing and low light conditions
6. High resolution day night color camera- with 540 TV lines of resolution provides excellent picture quality and the 56 infrared LEDs allows you to see up to 150 feet at night.
These are the top six surveillance cameras for home security. Only a fool would go near a home with security cameras located around the house.