Refractory materials used for all kinds of high temperature equipment, it is the high temperature condition of the physical and chemical erosion and mechanical damage, so the performance of refractory materials shall meet the following requirements:
- High refractoriness. Modern metallurgical furnace and other industrial kiln‘s heating temperature are generally between 1000 ~ 1800 ℃. Refractory material should have no easy to melt performance under the action of high temperature.
- High temperature structural strength is large. Refractory materials should not only have high melting temperature, but also should not happen softening deformation and collapse under the stove masonry load or other mechanical shock.
- Thermal stability is good. Metallurgical furnace and other industrial kiln are in operation, due to temperature shock caused by uneven temperature of each part of refractory material, masonry internal stress and make the material fissile and peeling. Therefore, refractory materials should have the ability to resist the damage.
- Slag resistance ability is strong. Refractory material in use process, often by high temperature furnace slag, metal and chemical erosion of furnace dust. Therefore, must have the ability to resist erosion of refractory material.
- High temperature volume is stable. Refractory materials at high temperature for a long time use, bricky system internal can produce volume shrinkage or expansion, causes the damage of refractory masonry.