Boosting Weight Loss
This post comes straight from my personal experience to lose weight.
I have gradually begin to realize that as one grows older, the body changes. You no longer lose weight in a jiffy and weight adds up slowly and steadily if you are not careful with what you eat.
So here is a list of foods from my personal repertoire which help with weight loss
1. Eggs and more Eggs– We have written about eggs earlier too. With 70–86 calories per eggs are a great way to start your day.
Research shows that weight loss is significantly higher for women who eat atleast 6 egg whites a week.
A protein rich breakfast helps boost metabolism and helps with weight loss.
2. Uncut raw oats- Oats have a low glycemic index which leads to slow release of energy through out the day. A breakfast of oat porridge with veggies is a great way to stay full and start the day.
3. Hot Peppers- Hot peppers have capsaicin which increases our metabolism , make us sweat and flush toxins out of our body. A bit of chilli and peri peri are actually good for us.
4. Apples, Oranges and pears- Apples, Oranges and pears are low in calories and eating small apples, pears and oranges helps with weight loss.
But remember, just one fruit at a time
5. Load up on the greens be it spinach, kale and broccoli- Not favourite foods with many, these foods are rich in folate, iron and some are good sources of calcium too.
They provide not just vitamins and minerals but also help with necessary fibre intake.
6. Load up on Vitamin D and Calcium rich foods- The sunshine vitamin is great for health which is why foods such as eggs are rich in Vitamin D and help with weight loss.
A Vitamin D and calcium deficiency prevents weight loss.
People who consume 1200 mg of calcium daily are often able to lose weight faster than the average Joe with calcium deficiency.
7. Dump white, opt for browns and red- Ditch the white rice and refined flours for healthier whole wheat, oat, millets such as Amaranth, Ragi, Brown rice which are a source of complex carbohydrates and help boost metabolism by stabilizing insulin levels in the body.
If one is not able to lose weight despite measures and the BMI is over 31, a Weight loss surgery may be the last option.
To know cost of weight loss surgery in India and compare prices across hospitals
Chat with us on Facebook at m.me/ihealthkonnect