Bridging the Gap between the Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing!
Digital Marketing uses all digital channels, both online and offline digital means to build awareness to reach out to the right audience; and promote the product and services to the targeted audience. It includes online marketing and mobile marketing.
Most businesses and organizations now utilize some form of digital marketing to drive traffic, increase visibility and promote their products or services. Digital marketing can encompass a wide range of strategies on many different platforms. The most widely used digital tools include:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)/ Organic Search: There isn’t anything more important to digital marketing than SEO, something that might still confuse you in its ongoing complexity. It’s always better to have an expert to manage SEO for you if you want to truly succeed. While you can learn some basics, you’ll want an expert who’s loaded with SEO knowledge to help you utilize the best strategies.
- Email Marketing / Marketing Automation: Email marketing is already a great tool for generating more leads than possible through any other marketing method. You can likewise increase your sales and conversion rates through the right strategy of email marketing to the right audience. In some cases, it’s free and one of the most affordable methods out there unless using outsourced services.
- Content Marketing: The most crucial with regards to Content Marketing is that you need to make your content valuable, relevant and consistent; to make it worth the time of your audience. This marketing strategy is a big part of attracting a targeted audience. To make content marketing work well, you need to focus on mobile-friendly content; because smartphones are already making over 50% of all global devices. You just need to focus on creating evergreen and concise content that can solve pain points.
- Video marketing: Over the last decade, we have become more visual culture attracted to imagery in the digital realm. Recent statistics reveal that 87% of all online marketers now use video content of some sort to promote their brand. Where most consumers prefer video above any other visual medium. Successful video marketing can mean behind-the-scenes tours of your business or testimonials to show the human side of your brand.
- PR and Influencer Marketing: Have you ever thought of doing a digital marketing campaign without having to spend a dime? It only accords to be respectful and humble to the influencers without having to hire them to help you market your brand. An influential person on social media doesn’t always have to be a celebrity; they are simply authorities in their field, with lots of followers with a good track record to help promote your goods and services. Reach out to these influencers and ask them if they would be willing to help promote your brand. Some may offer to do it in exchange for free products, few are going to demand a fee and while others will be willing to do it for free.
Other forms of digital marketing include but are not limited to the following: Mobile or SMS marketing, Banner or text-based ads on other sites, Paid Search Marketing: AdWords, Analytics and Responsive Website.
Whereas, Social media is seen by most people as an “add on” strategy but regarded by the experts as one that can be used independently from Digital marketing. However, here’s the thing about social media marketing: It is now the most effective way to reach the right audience and generate huge profits. It can be a wonderful tool to generate leads and build funnels. It works best when used alongside other marketing strategies. All alone, it can result in many benefits and is gradually replacing the old forms of marketing. There are over 20 social platforms across the globe, the following are the five most widely used social media platforms:
- Facebook: With over 2.7 billion monthly active users (MAUs), Facebook is an absolute must for every brand and business owner. When utilized diligently, it’s the perfect place to generate massive income and reach the right audience for your products and services. Some of the leading industries on Facebook include financial services, e-Commerce, retail, gaming, entertainment, media, telecom, technology, consumer goods, and automotive businesses. No matter the kind of business you are into, be rest assured that your audience is patiently waiting for you hereon.
- Twitter: Although Tweets have a super short lifespan with less than 200 characters at a time, it’s often the first point of contact for customers who need a quick response, which makes it the perfect platform for Customer service. If your business is related to sports, entertainment, politics, tech, media or marketing, you stand to earn tremendous engagement on Twitter with over 353 million Monthly Active Users.
- Pinterest: Pinterest has worked hard to build a friendly environment for brands with rich product pins, shopping features, and engaging ads. 50% of its users make over $50,000 annually, while 10% are raking in $100,000 annually on Pinterest. It has also been noted that 87% of visitors finally purchased through pins that lead to sales or funnel pages.
- Instagram: This is another fantastic platform and one of the most-used social media apps. Instagram boasts 1.2 billion MAUs; fresh features like Instagram Reels hint that the platform still has plenty of growing and expanding to do. Instagram accumulated over $17 billion in ad revenues in the United States alone in 2020 and anticipates reaching roughly $40 billion ad sales in 2023. If you are smart enough, you will consider establishing your brand and business on Instagram immediately.
- YouTube: YouTube is more of a search engine than a social media platform at this point — and the second largest search engine in the world at that, maybe because it is owned and controlled by Google Inc. YouTube’s SEO-friendly tags, descriptions, queues, and titles make it an especially friendly platform for brands and businesses with excellent strategies.
However, there are other Social Media platforms, which include: LinkedIn, Tumblr, Reddit, Quora, Flickr, Digg, TikTok, Snapchat, WhatsApp, Telegram, QQ, WeChat and so on. You certainly don’t need to have a presence on all of these platforms. But some may be worth adding to your marketing mix.
Choosing the best social media platforms have always been a tough and brain cracking task for most entrepreneurs and medium-sized businesses. Your kind of business determines the types of social platforms you should be using, this is where the Social Media Manager and Strategist comes in, helping you with the hard decision in choosing the best platforms to reach the right audience and traffic for your brand, business and services. The key is to develop flexible strategies that allow you to pivot based on where your audience is and what type of content fits with the platforms.
Social media works best when it’s integrated with your other digital marketing efforts. Being a Strategist, Social Media have redefined how we interact with one another and have replaced the former ways of doing business in reaching out to the right audience; I hope this post gave you some ideas for how you can bridge the gap between your digital marketing plans and the social media strategies, allowing you to achieve optimal results.
However, when you’re able to bridge the gap between social media and your other marketing strategies, the benefits increase exponentially. Do you ever get frustrated or disappointed by how little traction your content or business gets? You invest so much money, time and effort into creating content or in need of converting traffic, and then it can feel like no one is ready to patronize your products and services. To learn more, contact me on LinkedIn — www.linkedin.com/in/supremesmmanager; To Book a Call or get an affordable quote, send me an Email — firstname.lastname@example.org