LuminessAir — 5 Pro Makeup Hacks
Luminess Air — We realize not everyone is a makeup pro. In fact, some of us may have just started wearing makeup a few years ago and some of us may hardly wear any at all. But don’t stress that you’re not a makeup pro when all your friends show up looking perfect and flawless every time.
There are a few tips and tricks when it comes to makeup that will make you look like a pro (or at least closer to it). Here are 5 of our favorite pro makeup hacks, but we could seriously go on for days with tons and tons of pro makeup hacks. But for now, we’re going to keep it easy for all the makeup newbies out there!
- Invest in the right makeup tools. No, you don’t need to break the bank, but having a few of the right brushes will do wonders for your makeup application.
- Airbrush makeup. This will help eliminate the cost and trouble of a bunch of different makeup brushes, as airbrush makeup is safe for your face and doesn’t require a single makeup brush. Plus, airbrush makeup is super easy to use and doesn’t look caked on like traditional makeup. There are a ton of videos on airbrush makeup on our YouTube channel that will help you become a pro after just a few practice runs. (Because yes, we do recommend a few trial runs before heading out for a night on the town!)
- Get the right shade for your skin tone. Keep in mind, this can change during the seasons, with your skin tone being darker during summer months, for example. Whether you get a pro to help you find your perfect shade or you blend your own, make sure you get it right and keep it blended. Another great thing about airbrush foundation is that you can blend different shades to get your exact match. The other cost-saving benefit of this is that you can blend shades as your skin gets darker or lighter without having to invest in a brand-new foundation.
- Use multiple colors for your lids. If you’ve ever had your makeup professionally done, you know that makeup artists always use a ton of colors on your lids. We’re not saying to create the same look, but adding a few colors to your lid will give your eye some dimension and make a huge difference in your overall look. Try a versatile eye shadow palette so you have a ton of colors to choose from and create your very own look.
- Make it last. There’s no point in perfecting your makeup look and having it melt off or disappear in a few hours. Many makeup artists use a setting or finishing powder, which works great. The other benefit of airbrush makeup (you knew we had to give you one more!) is that it lasts for up to 18 hours. That’s why a lot of us that aren’t pros at makeup love airbrush because we don’t have to be bogged down with reapplying or checking it every hour.
Those are just a few of our pro makeup hacks we wanted to share. Do you have any hacks you’ve learned along the way that ups your makeup game or makes it easier?
Source: Luminess Air