8 Dos and Don’ts of Commercial Painting
More often than not, it’s every homeowners desire to make their homes visually appealing and stand out from the rest. But it’s easier said than done because heavy maintenance is required, one of which is painting. When it comes to residential or commercial painting, its best to hire professionals but if you follow certain tips you can do it on your own too.
For a perfect painting job, here are eight things that you should do
- Acquire all the supplies well beforehand. You don’t want to fall prey to a situation where your drain your supplies in the middle of the job
- Ask the retailer about which brushes and rollers are suitable for what kind of walls.
- Empty a room where you can store your furniture and small objects while painting other rooms. This will prevent these items from getting paint spots over them.
- For the things that you can’t move to the other room and the floor, cover everything. Be careful not to leave any places uncovered.
- If you don’t want to go onto all these commercial painting hassles, just hire a professional painter.
- In case of completely contrasting walls don’t apply the colours directly. For instance, if the existing wall is red coloured and you want to paint it green, apply a coat of white first.
- Before moving the furniture back in, make sure that the paint is dry. Usually, it’s best to wait a day after the painting.
- Before using the brush or roller, make sure that you wash them with a laundry detergent.
On the other hand, here’s eight things that you shouldn’t do
- Don’t do anything in haste. You will never be able to get the desired results if you don’t have patience. Precisely for this reason, make sure that you take your time before starting such jobs.
- Don’t dilute all the paints at once; keep some undiluted paint aside. These undiluted paints can last up to three years.
- Never paint over wallpapers. If you have any wallpaper, remove them properly using a glue softener or steam before applying the paint.
- Don’t paint if you have imperfect walls. Sandpaper the areas of the walls which have imperfections.
- If you are looking to hire professionals for strata painting Sydney, never hire amateurs. In this type of job, its best to hire only experts.
- Don’t paint in an enclosed environment. While painting, make sure to keep all doors and windows open for the odour to disappear.
- Don’t start painting the walls during a rain or when the climate is a lot humid. Your paint will take a lot more time to dry.
- Don’t leave your tools without washing and drying them.
Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
Originally published at sydneypaintblog.wordpress.com on July 6, 2016.