How can the Autodesk AEC Collection equip you for the future of building design?
These days we’re all hearing about how technology is radically disrupting the way buildings are designed, built, and used. From BIM to cloud to big data and virtual reality, we’re entering a new age of opportunity for architects, designers and engineers. How do you keep up while making sure you have continued access to the design tools you need? The Autodesk® Architecture, Engineering & Construction Collection is a new way of thinking about how to access design software that can help you be effective now and be proactive about what the future has in store.
1. Subscribe once and always have the right tools on hand. The AEC Collection is a broad portfolio of interoperable BIM and CAD software, including Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD (plus AutoCAD industry versions including AutoCAD Architecture and AutoCAD MEP), Navisworks, and 3ds Max, plus more. You can see the full list of included software here. You can choose the individual products you want to use and download and install what you want, whenever you like — whether it’s for occasional use, to meet requirements of a particular project or client, or to explore new workflows. By subscribing to an Industry Collection, you’re always on the most current version of all software in the collection. Simply log into your My Account page to access software updates and releases as soon as they are made available. Working on a project in an earlier version of software? No problem, you have full control over all updates as well as access to previous releases when you need them.
2. Know that you’re ready for whatever the future brings. The Collection includes some of the latest innovative software and cloud technologies that cover conceptual design through construction, helping provide insight into your design projects. Have access to tools and services that enable you to expand your capabilities with technologies you’ve always wanted to try but maybe couldn’t justify licensing separately. In addition to getting the most current features and functionality in your standby design tools AutoCAD and Revit, you’ll have access to the Formit 360 Pro, sketching app for conceptual design and Insight 360 advanced building performance analysis software, plus more.
3. The bottom line adds up to value. Regardless of the size of your software budget, value and ROI matter and an investment in software should not be taken lightly. The reality is that when you subscribe to multiple Autodesk software solutions as part of a collection, you get significant cost savings. Licensed separately, even just two core design tools are a better value if accessed in the AEC Collection. Flexible subscription term lengths also let you scale up and down to meet changing business needs. Do the math, for most building design professionals AEC Collection represents a significant software value with all of the following included:
· AutoCAD, verticals, and AutoCAD 360 Pro — As a common CAD platform used throughout the industry, this suite of AutoCAD products allows you to access and create documentation and share with all partners on the project team
· Revit –BIM software for architects, engineers and construction professionals
· Navisworks Manage — Project review software with advanced coordination, 5D analysis and simulation tools
· 3ds Max — 3D software for creating stunning visualizations to convey design intent and win projects
· Formit 360 Pro — A conceptual design architectural modeling tool for early stage design concepts that links to Revit
· Insight 360 — A cloud-based analysis tool for improving energy and environmental performance throughout the building lifecycle
· Recap 360 Pro — Use reality capture laser scanning and photogrammetry to better understand existing conditions and verify as built conditions
· Rendering in A360 — Create quick and easy high quality renders and panoramas from Revit and Navisworks
· Structural Analysis for Revit — A cloud-based building structural analysis tool
· AutoCAD Civil 3D — A tool for road, rail and earthworks detailing, cut and fills, landscaping and getting to machine control
· Infraworks 360 — A conceptual design tool for infrastructure that links to Civil 3D that allows you to create construction site layouts, traffic simulations and visualizations
· Vehicle Tracking — For analyzing site movements in advance and ensuring trucks, cranes and large vehicles can move around site
Use building design workflows to become more productive, gain more insight into all phases of building design and simply deliver great buildings. Contact your Autodesk reseller or Learn more here.