Syscoin Community Weekly Update #18
This weekly update is written by the community for the community, to bring you all the latest Syscoin, Blockchain Foundry and SCMT news! Thank you to our Slack member @blgh for compiling this update. Weekly updates, other articles and a lot more can can also be found on the new syscoin.community website!
Weekly Q&A with Dan Wasyluk (Blockchain Foundry)
- BCF will attend a large trade show in December
- Web marketplace isn’t out of the question at this stage, a proof of concept is possible, but it’s important to note that PoCs are largely dependent on customer interests.
- New BCF website will launch within two weeks
- The Syscoin Foundation has its board members. They are now looking into which country to legally locate it.
- Syscoin can be used for many use cases BCF overall goal is to let pragmatism lead.
- BCF are having internal discussions regarding a ‘Walletless Interface’; theoretically this would allow the user to login in with your username and password on a web interface and your wallet and version gets automatically upgraded with new features. So no complex upgrades anymore.
- Upcoming next months will be the release of Pangolin and Indexer softwares, which will enable the community to build products faster and more efficiently. The Indexer will likely be open-source, Pangolin will most likely not be at this stage.
- BCF are leveraging their partnership with Peer Mountain to implement KYC with, for example, identities and aliases. This would mean that when you sign in to sites like Binance, Poloniex etc. that require KYC, you don’t have to repeat the process for each site. This is blockchain-based, KYC’d identity authentication!
- In the short term, regarding Pangolin, BCF are working to enable fiat to SYS/crypto directly from Pangolin, so that it can be used to pay for goods and services online. Then Pangolin (or, more broadly the authentication functionality it provides) is going to be developed for people to interact with B2B web-based blockchain products as a whole.
- Regarding the partnership with English Forward, they are leaning towards an asset for their online language marketplace which, even aside from the millions of Syscoin transactions this will generate, creates a huge amount of brand awareness. They are an established company using an asset on the Syscoin protocol to reward and incentivize users which brings a lot of value for SYS.
- BCF have a vision regarding improved supply chain and transparency for Whole Foods. Using Syscoin Platform gives conscious consumers 100% more transparency around those animal welfare ratings which they state in their stores. Currently we have one of our sales people working to get in touch with Whole Foods in order to be able to pitch for them.
Upcoming AMA with Bitcab
On September 21st there will be a AMA with the Bitcab Team and Syscoin team to answer all your questions. Make sure you drop by and ask them anything you would like to know about Bitcab’s goal to become the first Blockchain-based UBER! It will start at approximately 7am Sydney time on Sep 22, which is 2pm PDT (Sep 21). In order to give everyone the chance to ask questions, the team will continue until ~9pm Sydney time, which is well into early afternoon in Europe.
NEWS, PRESS, and TWITTER
Extended article about the partnership between Syscoin and Peer Mountain
Peer Mountain wrote an extended article on their partnership with Syscoin, which they announced in July 2018. The article gives you a more indepth look into how users will benefit from this partnership and how it will add value to real life by describing a real world use case. Check out this cool use case:
It seems as though these days every project is partnering for the sake of partnering. It is a popularity contest more…medium.com
New Syscoin page added on Bitcoinwiki
Flyp.me upgraded to 3.1.3
Flyp.me is happy to inform you all that Syscoin has been updated to its latest version (3.1.3) on the Flyp.me accountless exchange.
Creating your own Syscoin Asset in 87.5 seconds with Blockmarket 3.1.3
Did you know you can CREATE YOUR OWN SYSCOIN ASSET in less than 87.5 seconds in Blockmarket 3.1.3? Check it and try it out!
Syscoin ranks #14 on Rise’s Blockchain Top 100
Check out the rankings of Syscoin on Rise.
Non-mandatory upgrade: Syscoin 3.1.3. Core Release
Our community member John P wrote a extended article on Medium on how to upgrade your Syscoin Core. People are requested to update to the new release Syscoin Core 3.1.3. Checkout the article here.
Below the repository on Github can be found:
Syscoin is a crypto currency that is universally merge-mineable and offers a unique variety of services including…github.com
SCMT Twitter account
For all the official and latest news releases please follow us for all the latest community news via our SCMT Twitter account, as well as hot-off-the-press Syscoin and BCF updates. The Syscoin team will also share our posts via their official social networking channels, to help spread the word.
For more information visit Syscoin.org