10 Tips For Breaking into NGO Photography #PHO616
- Get an NGO Portfolio, focused on NGO work.
- Learn to shoot in low and harsh lighting.
- Learn hot to story-tell with your images.
- Start learning about relief and development.
- Do your research on different NGOs.
- Learn what types of photographs NGO’s are using right now.
- Learn from other NGO photographers work
- What stands out about their work to me?
- How are their photographs similar/different from photojournalism and my work?
- What lens choices and how does this impact the image?
- How are they telling a story?
- How does the viewer respond to the image?
- How do the images make me feel?
9. Get business together.