10 Things About Me that Might Surprise You
A list to help you know me better…
- When I was a toddler I used to hold my breath and make myself pass out when I was mad. I used to do this over trivial things like not wanting to eat my green beans. My parents took me to a sleep study to find out their daughter was just stubborn. They were not happy.
- I had scarlet fever when I was 4. I still have vivid memories from the hospital of being on an ice machine and in ice baths. I remember them coming to take blood with the tackle box looking case. The experience scarred me for life and I avoid doctors.
- When I had my tonsils out at 4 because they were so enlarged I could not eat and they were growing onto the back on my tongue they made me eat banana popsicles which I told them I hated. I refuse to eat banana popsicles and have not had one since. The flavor takes me back to this event every time.
- I have been homeless 3 times in the last 5 years.
- I am a trained yoga instructor in the old school way. There were only 2 people in my class.
- I am an ultra runner which means distances over 26.2 miles. I was the overall winner of a 50K. I have raced a 50 miler.
- I am a podcast junkie.
- I attempted to join the United States Marines at 44 but they won't let me in. I can pass the physical requirements now…before boot camp but I am too old.
- I use tarot cards for writing.
- I used to play the violin and doubted my ability the entire time. I was third chair and was recruited to the college orchestra but haven’t played since I was 17.
Tammy Breitweiser is a writer and teacher who is a force of nature and woman of honor; seer of nuance; an accidental inspirationalist; a keeper of the little red doors, and a conjurer of everyday magic who is busy writing short stories. A future Minnesotan temporarily hiding in Indiana, her poetry has been published in The Storyteller Magazine and her flash fiction in The Ninja Writers Monthly and Elephants Never. Her essay is published in the I Wrote it Anyway anthology. You can also connect with Tammy through Twitter @TLBREIT.