Is it possible . . .
Is it really possible to create a system of making and using things that is totally sustainable ?
- It respects resources.
- It gives the earth time to regenerate what it takes from it.
- Energy and resources used all along the process (not just making, but also distributing, using, maintaining, etc ) are accounted for
- It is connected to the local ecosystem and economy
- It respects social capital. It builds capacity in the community. It gives the community a way to realise its full potential.
- It supports slow and meaningful consumption.
- It knows where things go all along the chain, and especially after its use is over.
- It makes a place for these used things to go back to the same earth that they came from, leaving it better than what it was.