Can Breast Pain Be An Indication Of Breast Cancer?
All of us know that breast cancer and its symptoms are hard to recognize and hence it causes some severe conditions. Today in this article let us have a discussion about the details of breast cancer disease.
Breast pain in any discomfort, tenderness or pain in the underarm region may happen for a number of reasons. Generally, breast pain does not always indicate towards breast cancer.
A common question which is always heard is, Should any kind of breast pain cause me to be concerned about the disease breast cancer?
The answer is that, although many women with pain in one or both the breasts might get concerned about cancer, this is however not a common symptom of cancer.
What Causes for Breast Pain?
After deeper analysis and research it has been concluded that there are many harmless causes for breast pain and tenderness, which may primarily be related to changes in hormone level. These involve the following:
1. The arrival of Puberty in girls and even sometimes for boys
2. During the cycle of Menstruation and at times even as the premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
3. When someone is pregnant. Yes, pregnancy can be one of the reasons, and especially during the first trimester
4. Another reason is that days following childbirth, as the milk comes in Breastfeeding Mastitis, the milk duct is not properly drained and becomes infected. This infection causes pain, but however it has no co-relation to cancer. Nonetheless, it might become a serious infection if left untreated.
5. As one of the effect of Menopause
Certain Medications Causing Breast Pain
Yes, apart from conditions there are also certain medications which do cause breast pain. These can be considered as certain correlations that may trigger the pain. Such as:
• Methyldopa (Aldomet)
• Spironolactone (Aldactone)
• Some Diuretics
When Breast Pain Can Be Correlated With Breast Cancer?
Pain in the breast is usually present to some degree with Inflammatory Breast Cancer, which consist of other distinct symptoms as well. Seldom, a breast tumor causes pain, but generally all the cancerous tumors are not reported to cause any kind of pain.
The Accurate Symptoms of Breast Cancer
Though every pain is not related to breast cancer, it is also true that there are certain symptoms which clearly indicates the presence of this disease. Perhaps one of the most recognized symptoms of breast cancer is a lump present in the breast tissue. While one should always contact a doctor instantly after finding a lump, it is also important for them to be aware of any other changes in the breast or nipple.
In the contemporary world with the presence of different types of breast cancer, indeed, comes the variety of related symptoms. For instance, invasive ductal carcinoma (IDC) is the one which, forms in the milk ducts causes for distinct breast lump that you can easily feel. In comparison to this Invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) is the one which forms lumps in the milk-producing glands, causes thickening of the breast.
Some Common Symptoms
Apart from the above description there are a few common symptoms of breast cancer like the following:
• Irritated or even itchy breasts
• Certain change in breast color
• The shape of the breast size changes
• There are some changes in touch, may feel hard or tender
• Flaking of the nipple skin
• Breast lump or at times thickening
• Redness of the breast skin
After going through this article you must have gained some knowledge about breast cancer and would now be able to choose the right course of action to cure the same. Stay with us for more informative articles.