How to Keep Your White Clothes White Naturally
Am I the only one that finds white to be such a high maintenance color? I love wearing white clothes, but I loathe when they lose their brightness and turn yellowish. After all, white is supposed to stay fresh and crisp.
Growing up I remember that my mom used to soak white clothes in bleach before she washed them. While bleach definitely does the work, I’m all about finding other solutions that will give me the same result.
To Whiten Your White Clothes, You Need One of these Ingredients:
- Lemon or lemon juice
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Baking soda
Add 1/2 cup of any of those ingredients above to the next wash cycle and wash as usual with hot water.
How to brighten whites:
- Fill a pot with water + 1 cup of vinegar.
- Add your clothes to the pot.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Remove the pot, once it’s boiling.
- Keep clothes in the vinegar water until the next day.
- Wash them in a separate load as you would normally.
I’ve heard that it’s a good idea to dry them in bright sunlight to make them even brighter. I haven’t tried that one, so if any of you have let me know if it worked for you.
And that’s it! Your clothes will be bright and white.