LoveRoom Safety Advice
How to avoid creeps — and other wacked situations
- Do some research on the person. Do a Google search, ask for their Facebook, Twitter ect.
- Bring a friend. When renting out your place, have a friend with you. This makes potential losers resist any misbehavior.
- Dont be shy. Ask questions and have conversations. Really get to know your host or guest. That way you’ll both know what to expect and most likely be more at ease when you meet. Be sure to be clear about boundaries and the level of privacy a host can offer you.
- Don't give your real number. Don’t give out your phone number and email address until you meet and feel comfortable with a new person. Use the LoveRoom Messaging system within the website to communicate. However, if you do want to call we recommend using a free calling app, or a google voice number.
- Communication. Make sure you have a working phone or communication device when traveling. Be in touch with friends and family on your trip in case you need a back up accommodation.
- Make sure your host is a hottie! You don’t want to book with a host who may be using outdated or misleading photos. So we suggest video chatting with your host on Google Hangouts, Facetime, Skype ect. before booking. Besides, this will be a great way to get to know each other more.
Got some tips of your own? Let us know!
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org