Rewriting fluXpad as AUv3 … part 2
After setting up CoreData using the original data model using CoreStore. I’ve started looking into some easy iOS native way to do the drawing. In the original fluXpad version all drawing is done in Cocos2D. Another main reason to re-write everything was the choice of Cocos2D. While it might have been a good idea back in the days. Now it’s basically unusable in Swift.
An interesting resource for an approach of implementing drawing in SpriteKit is an example by George Lim. Not fully what I needed, but it lead me into the right…
Starting to re-write fluXpad as AUv3
Last year I’ve started looking into updating some parts in fluXpad to Swift. The current version is fully written in Obj-C with the audio engine being in C++. Quite some code in there has developed over time while I was trying out various approaches. Also found this: