Important: 2017 Powerful Social Media and Influencer Marketing Stats and Facts
“Social media influencer marketing has exploded in popularity in just a few years. People are turning to influencers on social media for advice more than ever, and today, it is the influencers who have the true reach and and trust. With that in mind, it doesn’t come as a surprise that 86% of marketers have used influencer marketing in the last year, nor that influencer marketing budgets skyrocketing.”
Here are the important stats and facts for a solid growth campaign.
- Online adults aged 18–34 are most likely follow a brand via social networking (95%).
- 71% of consumers who have had a good social media service experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others.
- 2.56 billion global mobile social media users, equaling 34% penetration; globally with 1 million new active mobile social users added every day.
- 96% of the people that discuss brands online do not follow those brands’ owned profiles.
- Visual content is more than 40 times more likely to get shared on social media than other types of content.
- There were over 4.4 million videos uploaded directly to Facebook in February 2016, generating over 199 billion views.
- Link clicks account for 92% of all user interaction with tweets.
- 78% of people who complain to a brand via Twitter expect a response within an hour.
- Top brands on Instagram are seeing a per-follower engagement rate of 4.21% which is 58 times higher than on Facebook and 120 times higher than on Twitter.
- Media brands are the most active whereas business services, financial services, and fast moving consumer goods have the lowest percentage of brands represented on Instagram.
- 90% of Instagram users are younger than 35
- Posts tagged with another user (56%) or location (79%) have significantly higher engagement rates.
- There are 1.5 billion logged-in Youtube monthly active users.
- More than half of YouTube views come from mobile devices and the average mobile viewing session lasts more than 40 minutes.
- 51 percent of marketers say that video content produces the best ROI.
- 86 percent of women turn to social networks before making a purchase.
- 32 percent of US influencers who currently work with brands cite Facebook as the best platform, followed by Instagram at 24 percent.
- 71 percent of consumers are more likely to make a purchase based on a social media reference.
- 86 percent of the most-viewed beauty videos on YouTube were made by influencers, compared to 14 percent by beauty brands, themselves. Beauty video views have increased 65 percent year over year.
- 57 percent of beauty and fashion companies use influencers as part of their marketing strategies, while an additional 21 percent are also planning to add this strategy to their campaigns in 2017.
- On average, businesses generate $6.50 for every $1 invested in influencer marketing.
- Influencer marketing content delivers 11X higher ROI than traditional forms of digital marketing.
- 70 percent of teenagers say they trust influencers more than traditional celebrities.
- 6 in 10 follow advice from their favourite creator on what to buy over recommendations from celebrities.
- 86 percent of women turn to social media outlets for opinions and advice on what to buy.
- 72 percent of women turn to social media “frequently” for guidance in everyday purchase decisions.
- 49 percent of consumers rely on influencer recommendations.
- 92 percent of consumers trust recommendations from peers on social media above all other forms of advertising.
- In 2016, influencer marketing surpassed print marketing.
- More than 230 influencer marketing dedicated agencies have popped up in just 24 months.
- 40 percent of people say they have purchased a product online as a result of seeing it being used by an influencer on social media.
- Purchase intent is increased by 5.2X when Twitter users are exposed to promotional content from influencers on the platform.
- 71 percent of marketers believe that an ongoing partnership with an influencer is most effective in influencer marketing.
- Nearly 40 percent of Twitter users report having made a purchase as a direct result of a Tweet from an influencer.
- 70 percent of internet users report that they want to learn about a product through content before traditional advertising.
- 33 percent of people say that they rely on bloggers to guide them to a purchase.
- 72 percent of customers trust a business more after it is recommended by an influencer.
- Half of internet users never click on an ad online. 35 percent of internet users click on less than five ads a month.
- 49 percent of marketers and communications professionals say they find influencer marketing to be “very effective” when it comes to achieving their visibility objectives.
- 75 percent of professionals think influencer engagement is effective in lead generation.
- 23 percent of marketers work with influencer marketing for SEO purposes (and find great success from it).
- 68 percent of marketers consider Twitter a key channel for influencer marketing.
- Extending the brand’s community is the driving motivation for influencer marketing, according to 55 percent of communication professionals.
- 55 percent of marketers say the driving motivation of influencer marketing is to reach new audiences.
- Influencers with 10K-100K followers (micro-influencers) generate the highestengagement and reach, compared to the price they charge for sponsored posts.
- Respondents are trusting images from other consumers on social media 7X more than traditional advertising.
- 56 percent are more likely to buy a product after seeing it displayed in a positive or relatable light, on social media.
- Content marketing is 62 percent less expensive than traditional advertising yet drives nearly 3X as many leads.
“If you’re looking for an effective way to quickly gain exposure for your brand or a specific campaign on social media, influencer marketing is a solid way to go.
But before you run off to put together your next campaign, give my list of influencer marketing do’s and dont’s a read to help keep you on the right track.”
“If you’re thinking of running an influencer marketing campaign, it can be a little daunting:
- How to do I discover the right influencers?
- What’s the best way to reach out to influencers?
- What does success look like?
We’d love to help you answer these questions and more…
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you run a social media influencer marketing campaign.”
Instagram influencers are experts at marketing on this image-based platform. Whether they are doing Instagram influencer marketing for their personal brand, their products, or a corporate brand, they have massive followings who find their posts engaging and eagerly consume their content on a daily basis.
The question is: how do you find the right Instagram influencer for your brand’s Instagram influencer marketing?