The Key Ring to Success
I keep getting a promoted tweet from MentorBox claiming “The average CEO reads 60 books a year. That’s the key to success.” That’s hard to believe, and MentorBox isn’t actually advising you to read 60 books a year but instead to subscribe to their service to get the Cliff Notes to Success. So what they’re really saying is the key to success is taking shortcuts and cheating.
But I googled for a second opinion, and there are varying opinions on the key to success on BrainyQuote. The key to success is:
- Honesty and loyalty
- Focused, hard work
- Mental, emotional, spiritual, physical growth
- Action, perseverance
- Focus on things you desire
- Discovering your innate power
- Finding good partners
- Work/life balance
- Positive thinking
- Being a good listener
- Our relationship with Pakistan
- Marry a guy who will share responsibility for the house and kids
and blah, blah, blah, there’s more. My contribution: the key to success is realizing there’s no single key to success.