Techstars Mobility Kicks Off Second Year of Accelerator Program in Detroit
I’m excited to announce that we’ve opened applications for the 2016 class of Techstars Mobility. You can apply online by going to techstars.com/apply. Applications are open through March 20.
Live from CES 2016
To kickoff the 2016 program, I’m at CES and it’s pretty clear the entire industry is talking about the future of mobility and connected car solutions. Techstars Mobility’s title sponsor, Ford, kicked off CES yesterday with a keynote from CEO, Mark Fields.
“In 2016 Ford will become a mobility company, not just an auto manufacturer” said CEO Mark Fields.
Fields pointed to Techstars Mobility as a key part of their strategy.
For full coverage on all of Ford’s other mobility announcements check out this article on CNET. You can also check out the full Ford press release announced Techstars Mobility 2016 here.
What is Techstars Mobility?
Techstars Mobility, driven by Detroit, focuses on the rapidly changing mobility and transportation industry. We’ve partnered with 8 leading mobility corporations including Ford, Verizon, Manga, Dana, Honda, McDonald’s, Munich Re and Michelin.
We look for software, hardware, and advanced materials businesses across all stages of development — pre-seed, seed, Series A and later. Because of the 8 corporate partnerships, no startup is “too far along” to see a huge benefit from participation in the program.
We define mobility as technologies that power the efficient movement of people, goods and services across all modes of transportation. We look for startups that not only fit this thesis but also align across innovation themes including: connected car, trucking and multi-modal transportation solutions across connectivity, mobility, autonomy, customer experience, big data, safety and security.
Techstars is committed to operating this program in Detroit, operating at the intersection of Detroit’s automotive dominance and its entrepreneurial resurgence.
2016 Program Key Dates
- Jan 5 — Applications Open
- Feb 16 — Early Application Deadline
- Mar 11–13 — Early Application Interviews at SXSW
- Mar 20 — Applications Close
- May 3–4 — Final Interviews
- May 8 — Notification of Selection
- Jun 13 — Program Starts
- Sep 8 — Demo day
2016 Recruiting Event Tour Dates
- Jan 6 — CES, Panel and Pitch competition [click here for info]
- Feb 3— Detroit Meetup [click here to RSVP]
- Feb 9 — NYC Meetup [click here to RSVP]
- Feb 11 — Boston Meetup [click here to RSVP]
- Feb 23 — Ann Arbor Meetup [click here to RSVP]
- Mar 1 — Automation Alley Meetup [click here to RSVP]
- Mar 11–13 — SxSw early application interviews [click here for panel details]