Tedward’s Pumpkin Soup.
- Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- Place pumpkin, carrots and onions in a baking dish or roasting tin. Drizzle with vegetable oil.
- Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, until soft but not blackened.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, bring water and crumbled stock cubes to the boil. Cook potato in simmering water until soft, about 20 minutes.
- Combine potato and water with roasted vegetables and puree in a liquidiser or food processor until smooth. Return to pan over low heat and stir in cream, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Heat gently; serve.
Sugar pumpkins are similar to the large orange pumpkins you find during Halloween. They are smaller, sweeter and have more flavour — optimal for this or any other pumpkin recipe.
If unavailable, substitute in butternut or kabocha squash.
Bon Appetite, Share with those around you!