10 ideas for smart contract leveraging companies
As much as the Bitcoin world is missing a killer app, a new generation of applications will be an important part of the success of smart contracts. This is a first list of rough ideas and I intend to spend time in 2016 refining those as well as thinking through other ones.
- Decentralized commerce platform (starting with digital content)
- Decentralized KYC platform
- Digital voting system
- Automated digital will notary platform
- Secure software update platform (IoT oriented)
- Securitization negotiation and execution platform
- Automated mutual insurance platform
- Shared assets management platform
- Multiparty project management system
- Trading rules transparent dark pool
Why these ideas? Imv, smart contract based architectures are particularly relevant for:
- multiparty platforms looking to substantially reduce (down to 0?) third party costs
- high value personal data management where trust of a third party is a high barrier to providing digital only services
Start today with Eris Industries obviously!