The Telos Foundation Grant Program
The Telos Foundation is a promotional and funding body, dedicated to advancing the Telos Blockchain Network. The aim of the Telos Foundation is to provide grants to groups promoting necessary network functions that cannot or are not otherwise supported by worker proposals.
A primary part of the Telos Foundation mission is to provide granting opportunities to the community. With a focus on encouraging the creative and innovative communities that share EOSIO, the remainder of Q2 and Q3 2019 cycles for the foundation are focusing on development projects.
Who are the Telos Foundation Grants for? Is your dev project any of these?
- If you are a blockchain developer or development team and need some additional support for your in-progress project, please apply!
- If your project will be a solid benefit to the Telos Blockchain community, please apply!
- If you have a great dapp and want to build on EOSIO and Telos, please apply!
Submission and Review Cycles:
Submission Portal is open the 1st-15th of each month. After the 15th, the Telos Foundation Grant Selection Panel will review and follow-up with applicants for a potential video interview and/or to ask for additional material if needed. Monthly award winners will be contacted by the 28th of each month, and Grantees will be publicly announced at the end of each month.
The Telos Foundation is awarding up to 100,000 TLOS per month, which may be split among applicable candidates who meet the criteria and are selected by a review panel.
Evaluation of Applicants:
- Evaluation will happen in two cycles. The first cycle involves evaluation of submitted materials, request for additional materials if needed, and review of core competencies. The second phase will be a team interview via video link.
- The Review Panel is made up of a core group from members of the Telos Foundation and the EOSIO community.
- Applications must be deployed on the Telos Blockchain Network, built on EOSIO.
- Must mention Telos Foundation Grant Program as a supporter on website and include Telos logo.
- Must mention Telos Foundation in at least one social media post per week during the period of support and for 30 days post deployment, when referring to support for your project. Please use hashtags #buildontelos #gotelos.
Agreement and Terms:
- Grantees will be asked to sign an agreement prior to receiving awards. The distribution of TLOS tokens will be 50% at the time of award and 50% following successful launch on Telos.
- Applicants must be available for a video interview with review panel the third week of the month in which they apply.
- Transparency is important. Applicants must agree to allow the Telos Foundation to publicly name the project and applicants if an award is given. In some cases, funded projects should already have a publicly-accessible repository, and in all cases must adhere to one or more specified open source licenses when applicable.
The Telos Foundation Grant Program Restrictions:
- Awards are not to be considered as venture capital.
- The Telos Foundation will not grant funding for projects that do not have on-going development or completion goals acceptable to the judging panel.
- The Grant Program is not a bounty system.
We are grateful to the community, for all of your ongoing efforts and dedication. While the Telos Foundation and the network are just a few months past launch, we are hopeful that this program will help support the evolution that we are all developing in together. Thank you for your applications and please reach out with any questions. Comments and questions should be directed to “Attn: Grant Team” at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission form link: https://forms.gle/8ApaQt1TKctugVW6A
Disclaimer: Program is subject to change at the discretion of the Telos Foundation Board of Directors.
More info about the Telos Foundation can be found at https://telosfoundation.io/
Join the Telos conversation: