So the subscription thing..
Here’s how I see it..
Subscribing is a no-brainer if you:
* use Medium to READ — whatever, anything, everything
* are happy with what your feed shows you every time you log in
* find it easy to find the kinds of things you want to read
* generally like or love what Medium promotes (publications, writers, politics, features, etc.)
* use Medium to WRITE and have personally satisfying and/or consistent readership
* are using Medium as part of a well-thought-out MARKETING plan
* just want to write on Medium and are content to pay for the option, regardless of readership
* enjoy the engagement and relationships you find on Medium and are happy to pay to continue them on the platform rather than in other ways
If at least one of those doesn’t really fit you, then the decision may be a little more difficult… ;)