Lead UX Designer
Top User Experience Design Consultancy
This Southampton based agency Etch prides itself on it’s in depth understanding of digital. Whether its design, marketing or user experience they are trusted to solve complex problems for an array of interesting clients. With an extremely busy 2016 almost behind them and an equally exciting year ahead they are expanding and need a specialist UX Design Lead to join their behavoural team.
What you’ll be doing
Core skills will be combing digital strategy, UX and design to help clients think beyond the ordinary.
The business has three key teams, its product team which focus on SME clients,its behavioural team who work with their blue chip accounts and a marketing team. Based on the behavioural team you’ll be working with industry leaders in an incredibly client facing role. You’ll spend time on site with the client, building a close-knit relationship that helps you gain a true understanding of the business needs and ultimately enables you to deliver a truly great experience.
You are a great communicator both verbally and in writing, a tactful diplomat, a problem solver, a thinker and an analyzer with the ability to understand and respond to user and business needs. You will help create innovations that tie all digital touch-points together to form solutions based on user behavior.
In addition to project work, you will help shape the UX and Strategy department, manage and mentor other UX designers, and play a major role in business development.
- Create project deliverables that clearly and persuasively communicate the vision for an experience strategy and the rationale behind it.
- Direct junior, intermediate and senior UX designers during the UX process.
- Deliver key project deliverables including discovery findings, user archetypes, user research and analysis, requirements definition, workflows, wireframes, sitemaps, interaction and behavior specs.
- Create digital experiences that can be mapped directly to the business and user requirements of the project.
- Work closely with visual designers and UX developers while advocating the best design for the end user and giving/receiving feedback.
- Lead new business pitches, and proactively extend existing and new client relationships.
- Manage the interaction design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
- Manage and mentor junior to senior level UX designers.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5+ years of experience creating interfaces, large scale websites and/or applications.
- 2+ years of experience leading UX design on projects and manage project teams.
- Exceptional portfolio showcasing innovative design solutions.
- Proven experience in defining experience design and information architecture strategy and turning the strategy into actionable deliverables.
- Use appropriate software to create professional-quality, well-designed deliverables.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to assess data.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with natural ability to articulate and defend design decisions, and run work sessions.
- Relationship builder with natural leadership abilities, strong management skills and a desire to share knowledge with others.
- Proactive communicator and team player, and a creative problem-solver.
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced team environment.
Your portfolio will be digital through and through and ideally you’ll have a breadth of experience covering design and build, digital marketing and user interface work. Experience with blue chip clients is a huge benefit and having been in a client facing role in the past will be important. As a UX lead you’ll play well with others but be confident when working alone.
What you’ll get in return for your talents
In return for your talents you’ll join a forward thinking and engaging team of likeminded individuals. You’ll get the chance to work on bespoke, end to end digital products and get unrivalled access to key stakeholders within your clients. You’ll be a champion of UX and join an agency that’s involved with and pushing forward the local creative and UX scene.
With this role you could secure a basic off £50 — £55k with some generous bonuses on top.