Specialty: ivf / icsi /Egg Donation/Embryo Preservation/PGD / PGS/Surrogacy/Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)/Fertility Enhancement Lab/Laser Assisted Hatching/Recurrent Miscarriages/Natural Cycle / Minimal Stimulation IVF
Infertility means not being able to get pregnant after one year of trying. Or, six months, if a woman is 35 or older. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant may also be infertile.
1. Pregnancy is the result of a process that has many steps. To get pregnant:
2. A woman must release an egg from one of her ovaries (ovulation).
3. The egg must go through a Fallopian tube toward the uterus (womb).
4. A man’s sperm must join with (fertilize) the egg along the way.
5.The fertilized egg must attach to the inside of the uterus (implantation).
Infertility can happen if there are problems with any of these steps
1. Infertility means not being able to become pregnant, within certain parameters.
2. Infertility is a common problem of about 10% of women aged 15 to 44.
3. Infertility can be due to the woman (33%), the man (33%) and by both sexes or due to unknown problems (33%), approximately.
4. Infertility in men can be due to varicocele, low or absent sperm count, sperm damage or certain diseases.
5. Risk factors for men’s infertility include alcohol and drug use, toxins, smoking, age, health problems, medicines, radiation, and chemotherapy.
6. Risk factors for women’s infertility include ovulation problems, blocked Fallopian tubes, uterine problems, uterine fibroids, age, stress, poor diet, athletic training, and those risk factors listed for men.
7. Aging decreases a woman’s fertility; after age 35 about 33% of couples have fertility problems; older women’s eggs are reduced in number, not as healthy and less likely to be released by the ovary — the woman is also more likely to have a miscarriage and other health problems.
8. Women under 35 should try for a year or 6 months if 35 or older to become pregnant before contacting their doctor if they have no health problems.
9. Doctors use the histories of both partners and may run tests such as sperm studies, ovulation tests, ultrasound, hysterosal pingography, or laparoscopy.
10. Infertility may be treated with medicine, surgery, artificial insemination, or assisted reproductive technology, based on the couples test results and other factors.
11. There are multiple medicines that may be used to treat infertility in women.
12. Intrauterine insemination is artificial insemination where a woman is injected with sperm into the uterus.
13. ART (assisted reproductive technology) is when a woman’s eggs are removed, mixed with sperm to make embryos that are placed back in the woman’s body; it’s successful about 11% to 39%, depending on the woman’s age.
14. There are several types of ART; in vitro fertilization, Zygote transfer, and Gamete transfer and intricate plasmic sperm injection.
15. Surrogacy (the woman’s male partner sperm is used to fertilize another woman egg and that other woman carries the fetus to term and the infant is then adopted ) is a way for some couples to obtain a baby.
16. A gestational carrier is a woman who has an embryo placed in her uterus, carries the fetus to term and gives the baby to the couple (or responsible persons) that produced the embryo.
Approaches that involve the male include treatment for general sexual problems or lack of healthy sperm. Treatment may include:
Treating infections. Antibiotic treatment may cure an infection of the reproductive tract, but doesn’t always restore fertility For Treating Infections Find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad.
Treatments for sexual intercourse problems. Medication or counseling can help improve fertility in conditions such as erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation. For Treating sexual intercourse problems find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
Hormone treatments and medications. Your doctor may recommend hormone replacement or medication in cases where infertility is caused by high or low levels of certain hormones or problems with the way the body uses hormones. For Treating Hormone Treatments find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
Surgery. For example, a varicocele can often be surgically corrected or an obstructed vas deferens repaired. See ‘vasectomy reversal’ and ‘varicocele’ below. In cases where no sperm are present in the ejaculate, sperm may often be retrieved directly from the testicles. For treating varicocele, vasectomy reversal Find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
Assisted reproductive technology (ART).ART treatments involve obtaining sperm through normal ejaculation, surgical extraction or from donor individuals, depending on your specific case and wishes. The sperm is then inserted into the female genital tract, or used to perform in vitro fertilization or intricate plasmic sperm injection. For Assisted reproductive technology Find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
Although a woman may need just one or two therapies to restore fertility, it’s possible that several different types of treatment may be needed before she’s able to conceive.
Stimulating ovulation with fertility drugs. Fertility drugs are the main treatment for women who are infertile due to ovulation disorders. These medications regulate or induce ovulation. Talk with your doctor about fertility drug options — including the benefits and risks of each type. For Fertility Drugs find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
Intrauterine insemination (IUI).During IUI, healthy sperm that have been collected and concentrated are placed directly in the uterus around the time the woman’s ovary releases one or more eggs to be fertilized. Depending on the reasons for infertility, the timing of IUI can be coordinated with your normal cycle or with fertility medications. For Intrauterine insemination (IUI).Find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
Surgery to restore fertility. Uterine problems such as endometrial polyps, a uterine septum or intrauterine scar tissue can be treated with hysteroscopic surgery. For hysteroscopic surgery find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
Assisted reproductive technology. Assisted reproductive technology (ART) is any fertility treatment in which the egg and sperm are handled. An ART health team includes physicians, psychologists, embryologists, lab technicians, nurses and allied health professionals who work together to help infertile couples achieve pregnancy. For Assisted reproductive technology Find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is the most common ART technique. IVF involves stimulating and retrieving multiple mature eggs from a woman, fertilizing them with a man’s sperm in a dish in a lab, and implanting the embryos in the uterus three to five days after fertilization. For In vitro fertilization (IVF) find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
Each year thousands of babies are born in the India as a result of ART. The success rate of ART is lower after age 35.For Assisted reproductive technology Find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
Other techniques are sometimes used in an IVF cycle, such as:
Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI).In ICSI, a single healthy sperm is injected directly into a mature egg. ICSI is often used when semen quality is a problem, there are few sperm, or if fertilization attempts during prior IVF cycles failed. For Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) Find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
Assisted hatching. This technique attempts to assist the implantation of the embryo into the lining of the uterus by opening the outer covering of the embryo (hatching).For assisted hatching Find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
Donor eggs or sperm. Most ART is done using the woman’s own eggs and her partner’s sperm. However, if there are severe problems with either the eggs or sperm, you may choose to use eggs, sperm or embryos from a known or anonymous donor. For Donor eggs or sperm find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
Gestational carrier. Women who don’t have a functional uterus or for whom pregnancy poses a serious health risk might choose IVF using a gestational carrier. In this case, the couple’s embryo is placed in the uterus of the carrier for pregnancy. For Donor eggs or sperm Find a local Obstetrician-Gynecologist Infertility Specialist in Amberpet Hyderabad
For More information on Infertility doctors please visit indiamd.in or download Doctors App
(An Transrich Online Product)
Ph: 040 64444148