Points to Ponder 10.31.2016
originally published on www.theawkword.com
Things I’ve learned this week.
1. Instead of asking people what they do, or what they make… try asking them why they do it. Ask them what they love about it. Ask them what they are passionate about. Remember, it’s okay to be the weakest person in the room. No one likes a one upper.
2. Everyone has a different definition of success. I’m choosing to define success by people’s character. And not just when things are good. How do people act when things aren’t going well? I am going to hold myself to this new standard.
3. Give people grace. We are all human which means we are incapable of being perfect. If you encounter people, and they act a little less than perfect, try giving them a little grace. Also, you can’t hold people to standards they don’t live by. To those I love, I will give you grace, and hope you will give me a little too.
4. Forgiving someone is giving up the right to hurt them for hurting you. Love doesn’t keep score. If you remind people of things they did in the past you haven’t let go yet. Forgiving means you stop bringing it up. Plus bringing up painful things from the past is just shitty. Stop it. We don’t live there anymore. Also I got this from Beyonce. I promise I won’t lemonade you if you hurt me.
5. If you go out and do something really kind for others and tell everyone about it does it even count? It goes back to the question, “Why do you do what you do?”
6. You can’t live a positive life if you have a negative vibe. Where do you want to be in 5 years? Look at who you spend your time with. Listen to the words that come out of your mouth. Also, speaking ill of others means you are vibing at a lower frequency. If someone speaks ill about others to you, they are speaking ill about you.
7. Those who are trying to bring you down are already below you. It’s okay to let people go. Not everyone in this life was meant to walk it out with you. And not everyone will like you, that’s been the hardest thing I have had to learn.
8. People are drawn to authenticity. Do you. That is the greatest gift you can give to others. Be as you are. Stop forcing stuff. Let go.
9. I love tacos. They are so freaking good. Seriously. Tacos are life.
10. It’s easy to type stuff. It’s harder to walk it out. If you need me, I’ll be over here trying to be a better human. ❤