How I Saved $100+ A Month On My Nails
A few months ago, I thought about the money I could save a month by not getting my nails done. As much as I love getting my nails done, the price increases each time I go. I would pay 50+ dollars just by picking one color in the dip powder. I remember being in high school and only paying $20 for a fresh new set of acrylics.
Now, with that being said, I didn’t plan to stop getting my nails done, period. I just needed to figure out a more reasonable financial way to get them done. (Plus, I would end up having nubs, and we cannot have that.. (Yikes). After doing some research, I decided to take the nail world into my own hands. After searching on Amazon, I discovered the Beetles Dip Powder Nail Kit ($19.99). After reading the reviews and ratings about this product, I knew it was the one. I also ordered the Beetles Nail tips and Glue Gel Kit ($25.99) just in case I came across any uneven nail tips I had.
After receiving these products and attempting them, it is now my GO TO. These two nail kits are a great way to learn how to do your nails and make them affordable. One tip I do have is after doing a trial run on the Beetles Gel Glue, I suggest using Kiss Nail Glue. It has a longer time frame staying on. I have painted and even scrubbed floors without one even popping off. I am a little over week two, and these things are not budging.
Another great Beetles product I have bought is Beetles Gel Nail Polish Kit ($38). This kit comes with everything you need to make your nails (or toes) look like they were professionally done. You can go to the Beetles Polish Store on Amazon to browse through each kit or color shade pattern they offer. Below I created a list of the pros and cons of why you should buy these items.
- You can save on average $100 a month if not MORE.
- You can design the nails to your liking.
- You can choose ANY color you want from any of the kits. (There are a bunch).
- They stay on for at least two weeks or MORE.
- You can use these products more than once.
- You don’t have to be an artist for them to look good.
- It is more sanitary!!
- You have to do your nails. (more time-consuming).
- May take more than once to get the hang of it.
- Having to learn how to use your opposite dominant hand.
- Not being able to receive that “spa nail treatment” from your nail tech.
These are all great products (I wouldn’t recommend them if they weren’t). If you decide to try it, start by ordering one kit at a time. Below are my nails after using the Beetles Dip Powder Nail kit. I’m OBSESSED. Maybe you can start doing your nails and saving some money too!