Blocknet Development Update
On the 1st September 2017 the Blocknet Production Blockchain was successfully launched and live trading was enabled on the Blocknet DX (Decentralized exchange). There are already over 220 Nodes running and approximately 20 coins can currently be traded.
There will be 525,600 new blocks created annually (at 1 block per minute) with decreasing inflation each subsequent year. Inflation is currently approximately 13.7%. The rewards are split 70/30 between Nodes and Stakers. A calculator is available to work out Node / Staking return on investment: bit.ly/block-roi
Development update and current focus:
- There are now 5 full time Developers working on Blocknet.
- The DX Orderbook is currently being updated.
- The UI (User Interface) is being worked on by a high profile company.
- Support for additional coins will be added.
- SPV (lite wallets) will be implemented before the UI launch.
- The Blocknet governance community voting system will be implemented shortly. (When the Blocknet chain reaches 86400 blocks this will represent the first Superblock of approximately 4,380 Blocks. The use and distribution of this Block will be voted on by the community.)
In addition a new forum-message board for the community is being planned and successful trades have taken place on the Live DX:
Demo of NEW Blocknet Wallet with Built-in Decentralized Exchange: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlYbDzG_l5w
The Blocknet Decentralized Exchange Faircoin for MonetaryUnit Trade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYpYwofhqOI