IMPORTANT — THE BLOCKNET LAUNCHES ITS NEW PRODUCTION BLOCKCHAIN ON 1ST SEPTEMBER — STEPS FOR MIGRATING FROM OLD CHAIN TO NEW CHAIN
Steps for migrating from old chain to new chain
- Backup your wallet.dat before you do anything (make 2 separate copies)
- Unlock wallet from the UI (fully unlocked, not just for staking)
- Use the debug console and type:
dumpwallet filename.txt (replace “filename.txt” with a name of your choice). The file will be located in the directory you launched the wallet from.
- Download New Wallet https://github.com/BlocknetDX/BlockDX
- Launch wallet
- In debug console: importwallet filename.txt replace filename.txt with what you used with the dumpwallet command
- Verify addresses
- Via debug console type:
listreceivedbyaddress 0 true
Funds will arrive on Sept 1.
Bittrex and Nova Exchanges
- Alternatively, you can just leave your Block in Bittrex or Nova exchanges where there will be a 1:1 swap to the new production chain. Wait for the swap and then download the new desktop wallet which will be available by then and send your Block to it. More info here: https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001259692-Support-for-the-Blocknet-BLOCK-blockchain-upgrade
Or join slack for more info http://blocknet.herokuapp.com/
- CryptoID, our blockchain explorer, has now been set up for the new chain! https://chainz.cryptoid.info/block/#!crypto It’s before the migration, so almost all wallets won’t have their balances yet. The coin supply has been created. It will be allocated to all address balances on the old chain, on Sept 1. From then on, the new chain will have the same distribution as the old chain including currently staked coins.