The Blocknet Governance Community Voting system has launched! Vote for the first Superblock Funding Proposal.
Superblock Funding Proposals
Introduction: The Blocknet governance community voting system has been implemented. When the Blocknet chain reaches 86400 blocks this will represent the first Superblock creation of up to approximately 4,320 Blocks. The creation, use and distribution of this Superblock will be voted on by the community via community proposals. New Superblocks of 4,320 Blocks will be created approximately every subsequent month. Submission of a proposal costs 50 BLOCK which will be added to every proposal to be reimbursed if successful. This value is subject to review at a later date. This deters spam and stops unfeasible proposals from being submitted. In order for a proposal to pass there are two requirements, at least 10% of active service nodes must vote and “yes” votes must have a majority. To submit a new proposal, please post it here: http://blocknetdx.forumotion.com/f3-self-funding-proposals using the following template:
- Proposal Name
- Brief description of proposal
- Rationale and further explanation of proposal & background info
- Technical explanation/agenda of feature/proposal (if applicable)
- Teams/person undertaking the work
- Cost assessment
- Fund custodians
Voting Guide: The process of voting takes place in the Service Node wallet. To see all current proposals go to the debug console of the Wallet-QT and type “mnbudget show” or enter the terminal and type “blocknetdx-cli mnbudget show”. The proposal-hash for each open proposal can be seen here. To vote, go to the debug console of the Wallet-QT and type “mnbudget vote proposal-hash yes/no”, or enter the terminal and type “blocknetdx-cli mnbudget vote proposal-hash yes/no”. (Replace the words “proposal hash” with the actual hash and then choose either yes or no). Hit return and your vote will be registered.
Details of the first proposal are below.
Proposal 1: Payment for the ongoing development of the Blocknet.
Rationale: To ensure ongoing evolution and development of the Blocknet is financially secure.
- Service node verification system.
- Wallet UI fixes.
- API updates for UI integration.
- Xbridge compatibility checks for UI.
- Support for new coins integration.
- Error tracking.
- Genesis tests.
- DX Regression Testing & Service node tools.
- Currently unannounced upcoming features.
Below are the teams the community will be funding through the treasury superblock to support the ongoing development efforts of the Blocknet DX.
- ATC Team: Responsible for Xbridge and Core Blocknet DX development. This team is leading the development effort on the Blocknet blockchain.
- Euro Team: This team is an extension of the ATC team, based in Europe and is responsible for supporting the Core development.
- DX Tooling Team: This team is an extension of the ATC team and is responsible for regression testing and supporting the Core team development efforts. Additionally this team will be developing official service node images and automation tools for use in production.
- UAT Team: User Acceptance Testing team is responsible for testing code changes, tracking bugs, testing user interface and performing R&D on new coins.
- ATC Team: 600+50 BLOCK.
- Euro Team: 500+50 BLOCK.
- DX Tooling Team & Test Currencies: 400+5+50 BLOCK.
- UAT Team & Test Currencies: 400+5+50 BLOCK
Total: 2110 Blocks
- ATC Team: Dan Metcalf (atcsecure)
- Euro Team: Andrew Rackcheev (arackcheev)
- DX Tooling Team: Michael Madgett (michael)
- UAT Testing Team : Jeff Madgett, Andrew (86b, aderks)