30 Motivational Quotes to Inspire Sales Success
Note: This post was originally published on BrianTracy.com
What is it that separates good salespeople from great salespeople?
Salespeople have one of the hardest jobs in the world to do. They deal with rejection on a daily basis. Making a sale comes down to powering through call after call, email after email, and ‘no’ after ‘no’.
But, the greatest salespeople, thinkers, and leaders have also dealt with rejection, fear and hard times. They stepped out of their comfort zones and took a chance, succeeding in the face of failure.
Take a moment to read through some of the greatest motivational sales quotes ever spoken. Keep them in mind on your next call for a little extra drive.
Close more sales by applying the right closing techniques. Download my 23 Closing Techniques Battlecard.
1) “Approach Each Customer With The Idea Of Helping Him Or Her To Solve A Problem Or Achieve A Goal, Not Of Selling A Product Or Service.” — Brian Tracy
2) “If You Are Not Taking Care Of Your Customer, Your Competitor Will.” — Bob Hooey
3) “You Don’t Need A Big Close As Many Sales Reps Believe. You Risk Losing Your Customer When You Save All The Good Stuff For The End. Keep The Customer Actively Involved Throughout Your Presentation, And Watch Your Results Improve.” — Harvey Mackay
4) “Either You Run The Day Or The Day Runs You.” — Jim Rohn
5) “Make A Customer, Not A Sale.” — Katherine Barchetti
6) “Keep Your Sales Pipeline Full By Prospecting Continuously. Always Have More People To See Than You Have Time To See Them.” — Brian Tracy
7) “A Goal Is A Dream With A Deadline.” — Napoleon Hill
8) “Your Attitude Not Your Aptitude Will Determine Your Altitude.” — Zig Ziglar
9) “The Difference Between A Successful Person And Others Is Not A Lack Of Strength, Not A Lack Of Knowledge, But Rather A Lack Of Will.” — Vince Lombardi
10) “Your Life Can Only Get Better When You Do. Do Something Every Day To Improve Your Key Skill Areas.” — Brian Tracy
11) “If You Are Not Moving Closer To What You Want In Sales (Or In Life), You Probably Aren’t Doing Enough Asking.” — Jack Canfield
12) “To Build A Long-Term, Successful Enterprise, When You Don’t Close A Sale, Open A Relationship.” — Patricia Fripp
13) “Motivation Is What Gets You Started. Habit Is What Keeps You Going.” — Jim Rohn
14) “Begin Always Expecting Good Things To Happen.” — Tom Hopkins
15) “Timid Salesmen Have Skinny Kids.” — Zig Ziglar
16) “Dream Big! There Are No Limitations To How Good You Can Become Or How High You Can Rise Except The Limits You Put On Yourself.” — Brian Tracy
17) “Setting Goals Is The First Step In Turning The Invisible Into The Visible.” — Tony Robbins
18) “Sales Success Comes After You Stretch Yourself Past Your Limits On A Daily Basis.” — Omar Periu
19) “Expect The Best, Prepare For The Worst, Capitalize On What Comes.” — Zig Ziglar
20) “Sales Are Contingent Upon The Attitude Of The Salesman — Not The Attitude Of The Prospect.” — W. Clement Stone
21) “Value The Relationship More Than The Quota.” — Jeff Gitomer
22) “Nothing Is Particularly Hard If You Divide It Into Small Jobs.” — Henry Ford
23) Statistics Suggest That When Customers Complain, Business Owners And Managers Ought To Get Excited About It. The Complaining Customer Represents A Huge Opportunity For More Business.” — Zig Ziglar
24) “Our Greatest Weakness Lies In Giving Up. The Most Certain Way To Succeed Is To Try Just One More Time.” — Thomas Edison
25) “Everything You’ve Ever Wanted Is On The Other Side Of Fear.” — George Addair
26) “Don’t Worry About Failures, Worry About The Chances You Miss When You Don’t Even Try.” — Jack Canfield
27) “There’s No Lotion Or Potion That Will Make Sales Faster And Easier For You — Unless Your Potion Is Hard Work.” — Jeffery Gitomer
28) “Always Do Your Best. What You Plant Now, Will Harvest Later.” — Og Mandino
29) “Keep Yourself Positive, Cheerful And Goal-Oriented. Sales Success Is 80% Attitude And Only 20% Aptitude.” — Brian Tracy
30) “Develop And Attitude Of Gratitude. Say ‘Thank You’ To Everyone You Meet For Everything They Do For You.” — Brian Tracy
Did I miss any of your favorite motivational sales quotes? Leave a comment below and tell me your favorite. Read more motivational quotes here.
If you want to learn how to close more sales by applying the right closing techniques download my 23 Closing Techniques Battlecard. It includes 23 practical, closing techniques that can dramatically increase your likelihood of closing sales.