Family Skiing Holidays: How to Find The Best Deals
Austria is one of the best places to spend your winter holidays at. Skiing vacations can be difficult on a budget but we have discussed here that how to find the best deals to make the skiing experience memorable and tension free. We have also listed out some of the chalets and hostels in Austria that offer comfy stays with lots of other services and facilities and are also affordable to your pocket.
Early bird discounts:
Do your bookings in advance. Keep an eye on websites to get the information on latest offers. Book before a specific cut-off date and you could qualify for discounts on travel and lodging. Get the advantage of value-added incentives such as free nights — for example, book five nights and get a one sixth free.
Children special offers:
Such offers mostly include free accommodation for the children’s under the age of 8. Also there are offers like paying for one child’s place, while a second goes free. Also the children can share rooms with parents.
Tour operators typically decide their prices on at least two full-paying adults sharing a room, and under normal circumstances a single parent would be required to pay a single occupancy supplement on the accommodation.
Some family look for the tour operators inclusive the price of midday meal supervision in the price of childcare. Care takers collect children after ski sessions or club sessions, give them lunch, and then either drop them off for afternoon activities or hand them over to parents. This assures that the adults would get more time on the mountain, and also more fun for children with friends.
Equipment and training deals
There are offers on ski equipment and on training also. Check out for such offers. Typically it goes like Two-for-one deals on equipment hire can provide great savings. These are often family-focused incentives for children’s lessons or kit, either as standard or based on parents paying full price. So there are the offers which can help you to lower the expenses and at the same time have more fun. Check out these offers while doing the bookings.
Here are some ski resorts/ski chalets in Austria that are affordable.
1. The Chalet, at 11º East — The Chalet, at 11º East is a super stylish ski chalet in Obergurgl with uninterrupted views and a slope-side location with a personal and attentive service.
SLEEPS: 8 + 2· BEDROOMS: 5· PRICE: ON APPLICATION
Address- The Chalet, at 11º East, Piccardweg 10, 6456 Obergurgl, Austria
Website: thechalet.com Phone: +44 7768 456998 (UK), +43 664 9280 122 (Austria)
2. Chalet Sonne, Maria Alm, and Austria — Maria Alm gives you the easy access to Austria’s largest ski paradies — Ski Amadé which boasts top ski hotels across 25 villages, 270 modern lifts and 760 snow-sure pistes, everything available on one pass.
Website: chaletsonne.at Phone: 01444 848680
3. Kaiserh of Berwang — Featuring Alps views, this warm hotel is a 3-minute walk from the nearest ski lift and 13 km from Highline179, a 406m-long pedestrian suspension bridge connecting Fort Claudia and the castle ruins of Burgenwelt Ehrenberg.
Address: Berwang 78, 6622 Berwang, Austria Phone: +43 5674 8285
4. Gut Wenghof — Family Resort Werfenweng — Its 1.6 km from the BergbahnenWerfenweng GmbH ski area, this mountainside, This hotel with all facilities is 3.5 km from the Tennen Mountains and 10 km from the medieval Hohenwerfen Castle.
Address: Weng 17, 5453 Werfenweng, Austria Phone: +43 6466 4500
5. Kuhotel by Rilano — Kuthotel is 1.1 km from the Waidring-Steinplatte ski lift and 23 km from the Kaiserwinkl Golf Kössen. The rooms are provided with all the modern facilities including free internet services and flat screen TVs.
Address: Sonnwendstraße 13b, 6384 Waidring, Austria Phone: +43 5353 20100