Metaverse Tokens and ETFs: Best opportunities to start investing in the Metaverse
Individuals and organizations worldwide have been fascinated by the successor to the Internet since Facebook’s announcement about the Metaverse. But what exactly is it? And how can you invest in the Metaverse?
What is the Metaverse?
The Metaverse is the next step in the Internet’s evolution, and it will be a virtual 3-D digital arena for online interactions. Metaverse will use Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, 3-D Modeling, Blockchain Technology, Machine Intelligence, and other technologies to build a simulated reality modelled after the real world, allowing people to improve social interactions. Similar to Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One, but with an internet platform that isn’t simply for gaming. The Metaverse will transform social connections, online markets, finance, and everything we do with the existing Internet paradigm.
Imagine visiting a virtual space to try on clothes before purchasing them online or entering a virtual home to communicate with others online using a 3-D avatar. The Metaverse will bring all of this to life. The Metaverse will grow into an integrated virtual model where humans connect, enjoy, operate, and educate.
Why should I invest in the Metaverse?
It’s worth noting that, just like in the real world, there are and will continue to be more and more possibilities to acquire items in the Metaverse, including real estate, avatars, assets, and more. Cryptocurrencies are leading the effort to become the primary medium of monetary terms in the Metaverse.
Nike and Microsoft are among the companies that have declared their entry into the Metaverse. Virtual game platforms such as The Sandbox and interactive experiences such as Decentraland are already among the most popular Metaverse endeavours. The Metaverse has attracted the interest of both organisations and investors due to its numerous investment opportunities.
How can I invest in the Metaverse?
There are several opportunities for investors in the Metaverse such as:
1. Metaverse Tokens: Metaverse tokens are virtual currencies used in the Metaverse to conduct digital transactions and trades. But these tokens are not limited to payment methods. Metaverse tokens allow holders to access unique features or skillsets in the virtual space. Tokens also symbolise one-of-a-kind products, such as virtual avatars, exclusive outfits, vehicles, real estate, or club memberships, just like NFTs (Non-Fungible Token). Metaverse tokens are an excellent way to invest in the Metaverse. If you own an exclusive product or a unique property, you can create an NFT and auction its virtual model to another person in the Metaverse as a virtual real estate for their avatar.
You can also buy Metaverse tokens on exchanges such as Binance. The most popular Metaverse tokens that you need to pay attention to are:
· AXS-USD (Axie Infinity): Axie Infinity is one of the biggest Metaverse platforms. Axie Infinity is a game where you can breed and trade Axies. Axies are NFTs of Pokemon-like creatures that you can own supported by a play-to-earn model with virtual cities and real estate. AXS is the top metaverse coin and is the best opportunity to invest in the Metaverse and have fun.
· GALA-USD (GALA): You can invest using the Gala gaming platform’s token system that allows you to use the GALA token for in-app purchases, exclusive avatars, and add-ons.
· SAND-USD (Sandbox): Sandbox’s virtual space allows you to build and earn from games. You can make games on Sandbox using visual tools without coding and create and sell your NFT creations and in-game assets for SAND tokens.
· MANA-USD (Decentraland): MANA-USD is an excellent token for creators and investors as it provides access to the Decentraland DAO’s (Decentralised Autonomous Organisation) ecosystem where you can purchase “LAND” for the creation of applications on Decentraland. You can create unique environments and sell them to earn “LAND”.
· HIGH (High Street): High Street, along with its HIGH token, attracts a lot of investors as it is a gaming platform that allows you to earn by playing High Street. The platform boasts a hybrid mix of real and virtual gaming experiences and support from the top brands that provide premium products as NFTs for purchasing and using in the game.
· CUBE-USD (Somnium Space): Somnium Space is another VR (Virtual Reality) platform that allows you to create, buy, and sell real estate buildings and projects along with 3-D avatars using the CUBE token. Somnium is open-source and utilises Unity Software for allowing real-time movement of the virtual avatar using your body in the real world.
You may optimise your gains if you start investing in Metaverse cryptocurrency early. But to begin investing, you need to understand both games and how you can make money using the Metaverse tokens. If you are a beginner or someone who does not want multiple platforms for investing in the Metaverse, there is another option for easy investment:
2. Metaverse ETFs: Roundhill Investments has designed a Metaverse ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) that you can buy for investing indirectly in the Metaverse. Roundhill’s Meta ETF invests your money in several developing metaverse platforms such as Cloudflare, Nvidia, Unity, Roblox, Tencent, and more. ProShares has also announced its plan to release a Metaverse ETF and is already seeking the signature of the US SEC (U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission), which will bring investors more opportunities to invest in the Metaverse.
Metaverse is a new concept and is still defining its field and what it will provide in the future. But one thing is sure that the Metaverse’s virtual world will be the future of many organizations in some years. Metaverse coins and ETFs are only the beginning which is why it is a great investment opportunity that you cannot ignore.