Simple Fitness Rules You Should Follow
In no particular order, here are a few universal fitness rules.
1. Build muscle and strength in the gym. Every workout, try to beat or tie last workout’s performance. This means adding 5lbs or 1 more rep. This will ensure that you’re getting stronger.
2. Your nutrition dictates your weight. Want to lose fat? Lower your calories so that you’re losing weight, and you’ll lose fat. Want to build muscle? Increase your calories so that you’re gaining weight. If you’re getting stronger in the gym, this will take care of whether you’re losing fat or building muscle.
3. Eat AT LEAST 0.82g/lb of protein. So if you’re 200lbs, you should be eating AT LEAST 164g of protein daily. Combined with strength training, this will ensure that you build muscle and strength, as well as lose FAT instead of muscle when you’re dieting.
4. Get AT LEAST 3 cups of non-starchy vegetables per day. Things like broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, green beans, spinach, kale etc.
5. Get at least 7 hours of sleep per night (but aim for 8).
These are the basics, and they work. It’s as simple as that guys. Do it day in and day out, and you’ll make some incredible progress over time. These are results that will stay with you the rest of your life.