We’re hiring for an NPD Manager (12 month maternity cover)
Built on the foundation that health food should never be boring, Pip & Nut is a rapidly growing food brand with big ambitions; in just three years we’ve scaled to over 5000 stores nationwide with listings in high end stores like Wholefoods & Selfridges as well as Tesco’s, Sainsbury’s, ASDA & Morrisons.
We firmly believe that things should be kept just as nature intended so there’s nothing nasty hidden inside our nut butters & nut milks, just amazing nuts and a few other natural ingredients. Aside from the fact that our products stack up nutritionally, we’ve also built a serious amount of momentum & love behind our brand, with fans ranging from International athletes to top celebrities and everyone in between.
As part of the Innovation Team, this NPD Manager will be the lead on all renovation, innovation and quality related projects within Pip & Nut. With innovation at the core of our business and big part of our future growth this role will play a crucial role in coordinating our pipeline of innovation plans for 2019 and beyond working across all business functions.
In a nutshell, you are responsible for:
· Leading innovation and renovation projects cross functionally with Marketing, Innovation, Quality, Operations, Sales and Pip & Nut Manufacturing sites
· Owning Pip & Nut’s 3 year product pipeline — managing a varied project workload, controlling project timelines and stage gates
· Leading the project teams to ensure that solutions are found to issues and escalating main risk on any given project at innovation meetings and trading reviews
· Managing the innovation budget to ensure that assigned projects are completed within approved budget and keeping key stakeholders updated with timely project updates
· Development of recipes and managing scale up trials
· Spec management including developing QAS for all innovation and clear perimeters
· Driving improvement in our project management processes
Specific knowledge, qualifications, skills & experience required:
· The energy and self-motivation to work within a small, rapidly growing business that is going places
· Excellent project management experience and the desire to go above and beyond to deliver projects on time and to the highest quality
· Great stake holder management skills — to get the best out of our supply chain partners and team
· Knowledge and understanding of New Product Development and gate processes or similar
· Experience managing budgets and costings
· Strong organisation, leadership and analytical skills
· Minimum 3 years relevant experience, ideally in manufacturing, NPD or technical roles
· A passion to work in the food and beverage industry and a love of all things nuts!
Competitive Salary (DOE)
Unlimited Nut Butter & Nut Milk
Free Breakfast Everyday
Friday Team Lunch
This is a fixed term maternity cover starting ideally in July 2018.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Apply to email@example.com with a CV and cover letter with the subject title: ‘NPD Manager’. Applications must be received by 5pm on 30th April.