🍽 Vegan? 💪You Don’t Need to Sacrifice Protein ‼
Just because you’ve gone vegan, doesn’t mean you need to sacrifice protein! Mother Nature provides us everything we need to be healthy! Here are some great protein sources that allow you to stick to your vegan lifestyle!
- Non-Dairy Milk. 1 cup of soy or almond milk can pack about 7–9 grams of protein. I love having granola or a breakfast smoothie with unsweetened almond milk.
- Quinoa. Not only is this superfood versatile and delicious, it delivers about 9 grams of protein per cup. I wasn’t familiar with this amazing food and once we tried it: OMG! Here’s a list of some of the health benefits: https://authoritynutrition.com/11-proven-benefits-of-quinoa/
- Vegetables. One cup of cooked spinach has about 7 grams of protein and one cup of French beans has about 13 grams. You’ll get 5 grams from two cups of cooked kale and nine grams from one cup of boiled peas! Your mom tried to tell you, right?
- Nut Butters. A couple of tablespoons of peanut butter, cashew butter or almond butter will get you 8 grams of protein! So Eat up! Almond butter is, honestly, an absolute favorite at our house! I love it on celery sticks, added to breakfast smoothies, you name it!
- Lentils and Beans. Lentils are so versatile! You can make all kinds of dishes with rice, burger, casseroles. One cup cooked delivers 18 grams of protein! One cup of pinto, kidney or black beans, provide 13–15 grams of protein and also plenty of fiber. These vegan slow cooker recipes sound amazingly yummy! https://yurielkaim.com/vegan-slow-cooker-recipes/ You’re welcome!
- It Works! SHAKE! This plant-based protein powder delivers 15 grams of protein! Soy free! Dairy free! Non-GMO! Vegan! Available in chocolate and vanilla! You can check out details at www.wrapslikemagic.com Click on “Lifestyle” to pull up a summary sheet! This stuff is AH-mazing!
You can find more of my musings, ideas and adventures:
Here on medium: Mary Moss
And my business website: http://wrapslikemagic.com