Holy sh*t what a year.
This was the first year of my life that I look back on it and think…
“Damn, what happened?”
So much. So much happened.
I’ve grown so much in the last year. I’ve met so many incredible people, and Jamocha Media is nothing like how I started it in 2015.
We’ve relaunched. Jamocha Media is no longer a one man show, and that’s so insane to me.
There are so many other things that happened this year, so I compiled it into a list (with links).
Check it out.
- Fostered kittens with the SFSPCA
2. Travelled a lot internationally
- United Kingdom
3. I went live on Product Hunt for an AMA
4. First Live Radio show with Brian Copeland
5. Shot a YouTube Red Series (coming out this January 2018)
6. Did a bunch of speaking gigs!
- Spoke at Brown University
- Spoke to UC Berkeley (twice)
7. I also interviewed some people…
- Olaf Mathé from Mix Max
- String Story (pulled in over 100k views!)
- CEO of ClassPass - Fritz Lanman
- DIVR Edu
8. Hosted my first meetups.
- Internationally in New Delhi
- Weekly in San Francisco
9. We relaunched Jamocha Media.
10. Started a huge community for startup junkies in SF.
11. I started a clothing line — Jamocha Drip
12. Shot 3 rap videos (Maybe three too many? :P)
- This lead to me rapping in front of 100 people at a conference.
- Recorded in a studio for the first time.
13. I ate worms
14. I moved into a new house with the best roommates ever.
15. Announced my mayoral campaign for the 2019 SF Mayoral election.
16. Received my first hit piece.
17. GREW SO MUCH ON SOCIALS
- I went from 3k followers on my socials to 18.5k followers across my socials pulling in average of 3M+ hits a month.
Thanks so much to everyone that made this year one of the best years of my life. I can’t wait to see what 2018 has in store.
We relaunched Jamocha Media in the end of November, and the team I’ve built is coming into 2018 HOT with some new stuff.
I can just feel it, that this is going to be the craziest year EVER.
Bring it on 2018.