What Is Mindset?
That is a good question... It seems that in the year 2020 “Mindset” is the new buzzword. Everyone within the personal development arena is now a Mindset Coach and are producing massive amounts of content on the topic. If you look back into trends you will see these same people hitching onto the New Years buzzwords and integrating it into their practice.
Now that is not necessarily a bad thing. In business and in life we have to adapt with the changes and grow. Although, when it comes to “What a Mindset Is”, I would have to disagree with about 95% of everyone out there.
Well I am different… I come from a different school of thought and my education, research, practice and dedication to unraveling the secrets of the mind for well over 25 years have taught me a few things.
In this blog I will define and give you some tips on: mimic
- What Is a Mindset
- How Mindset Dominates Your Life
- Tips and Tricks to Change Your Mindset
- Benefits of Mindset Coaching
So lets start with the foundation.
Definition: What is a Mindset?
A Mindset is the emergent effect of your Conscious Mind acting in concert with your Subconscious Mind and all other Internal and External Influences.
In other words, a Mindset is the mental limitation that you operate with throughout your day. It is the coordination of your beliefs, habits and behaviors all working in a synchronized manner to influence your actions to a desired result. If the foundation of your mental attributes are not working within an Optimized state then we will see problems begin to arise in your life.
How Mindset Dominates Your Life
Imagine for a moment that there is something within your life that you dislike, that effects your life in a emotional way. Lets say you smoke too much or maybe you are impulsive with spending money. We can call these things are addictions, bad habits or whatever we like, although in reality, these things are simply subconscious programs that dictate our actions.
Addiction is an interesting beast.
I’ve been addicted.
I know the feeling, the urge, I know the biochemical response that the body sends to the mind. It is not nice. Although, what is addiction than simply an obsessive bad habit?
Yes, there are many variations of this and many different effects within the mental structure, biochemistry and within the psyche. But at the end of the day an addiction is simply a habit that is ingrained within your subconscious mind to the point of dependency.
If we now go back to the definition of Mindset we understand that addiction, habit lay at the foundation. These are the very limitations the constrict and influence our actions.
Point of Reflection —
Here is a little exercise to do. Make a list of all the things you do throughout the day. Draw it on a T Board. On the left side, list the actions, habits and behaviors. On the right side make a note of whether you would classify that action, habit or behavior as beneficial and progressive to your life or as negative and regressive to your progress.
With the above exercise you can begin to see how your Mindset is affecting and dominating your life through the constriction and influence of your actions.
Tips and Tricks to Change Your Mindset
- SELF ANALYSIS: It is pretty simple. Do an inventory of the things that you dislike within your life. Then take the 5 major ones that you Feel are effecting your life and write each one down as the header on a separate piece of paper. Make sure you are hand writing these, no typing, phones or keyboards. On each sheet of paper begin to imagine and feel within yourself what life would be like if this “dislike” was not present. Write down this experience. After you are down, write down the habit, behaviors, beliefs or external influences that you believe produce this dislike.
- DAY DREAMING: Keep a daily journal and inside of it I want you to write down what you day dream about. Whatever you are experiencing in your Mind is important to who you are becoming. Once you have it written down analyze it to determine if it is a negative or positive influence on your life. If it is a positive influence then start initiating that day dream more and more throughout the day. Begin to imagine the steps you took to live that dream. After a while… you will understand the power of this little trick I just showed you.
- EXTERNAL INFLUENCE: When you are wanting to change for the better you have to have a vision of who you want to become. Once that person is determined you can begin the Transformative process of Mindset Shifting and start becoming that who you have always wanted to become. One simple method to speed this process up is to model someone who has already accomplished something or is living the life you want to live. Model their actions, behaviors. Mimic their daily routines. If it is someone famous, immerse yourself into videos of them talking about their success or how they did. One method is to simply put on some Personal Development Videos or Audio in your headphones or on your Car Audio and when you are not working or with family, just listen.
BENEFITS OF MINDSET COACHING
The first and apparent benefit on Mindset Coaching is Self-Discovery. Learning more about yourself and who you are places you on such a deeper level an incredibly enriching experience. It is this kind of continuous journey that leads oneself to developing Self-Confidence, Emotional Balancing, Massive Stress Reduction, Enhanced Creativity and even the ability to operate on higher levels of critical analysis and decision making capabilities. To be honest, once you understand what Mindset Coaching truly is, anything is possible. If there is a certain attribute or skill that you want to focus on and optimize within your life, you simply go through our Mindset Coaching Program process and within weeks you will begin to see and feel the difference.
I think one of the greatest benefits of Mindset Coaching is the ability to Overcome Obstacles no matter how great. There is a kind of Mental Toughness that is developed when you begin to understand yourself and how your Mind integrates into your existential reality. This Mental Toughness acts on many levels but when it comes to overcoming obstacles in life or emotional situations you will find yourself not “reacting” but instead creating.
About the Author
Joshua is a Transformational Mindset Coach and Business Consultant. He has over 25 years of study, practice and teaching in Personal Development, Mind and Body Coherence, Leadership Cultivation and Optimal Mindset Development.
He has a unique approach to coaching where he is able to elaborate complex and integrative concepts into easy to understand models. Coaching is a long process and requires massive amounts of energy and commitment from the client and the coach.
Joshua brings an intense positive energy and awareness to each client as he develops trust based relationships and high levels of emotional and mental communication. He can quickly shift client paradigms and unmask mental and emotional obstructions. This removes the power from pain derived emotions that can shroud our mental state and impede our personal and professional development.
When it comes to self-growth, personal and professional improvement and shifting mindsets. Joshua has the unique ability to transcend the ordinary and bring about positive effective change within someones life.
Mindset Coaching | Mindset Coaching Programs
WHAT IS MINDSET COACHING? MIndset Coaching is a guided process of Self-Discovery and Personal Development that uses a…
Originally published at https://mindsetcoaching.online.