Samsung Introduces 3 New Wearables & New Samsung Pay Loyalty Programme at Galaxy Studio, Singapore
Singapore — 8 September 2017 — Samsung Electronics Singapore today debuted a series of exciting new announcements at the preview of Galaxy Studio at The Plaza, VivoCity. Three new devices to its industry-leading wearables line — the Gear Sport, the Gear Fit2 Pro and the Gear IconX were introduced at the preview. In addition, Samsung also announced Samsung Rewards, a new loyalty programme for Samsung Pay, its flagship mobile payment service.
Enhanced Gear Wearables to Keep Consumers Moving
Designed to help consumers get the most out of their day and help them live a healthy and wellbalanced lifestyle, these latest innovations in Samsung’s Gear portfolio have a wide range of features that provide users with the optimal experience on a range of activities — from robust fitness tracking to nutrition and sleep monitoring1, as well as motivational coaching as a lifestyle companion. The new line-up of wearables is equipped with new smart capabilities and easy-to-use features, and is also supported by partnerships with leading names in tech and fitness.
The Gear Sport is a sleek and versatile fitness-focused smartwatch that is water resistant; the Gear Fit2 Pro smartwatch is an enhanced GPS sports band integrated with smart features; and the Gear IconX is the second generation of Samsung’s groundbreaking cord-free earbuds. New capabilities have also been introduced for the Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro, demonstrating Samsung’s continued expansion in the fitness wearable category.
- Industry-Leading Water Resistance and Swim Tracking: An ideal companion for any swim — from laps to playing in the pool — the Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro are both 5 ATM2 certified for water resistance. With Speedo’s latest swimming training app, Speedo On, both devices also allow users to easily track key swim metrics including lap count, lap time, setting swim times and distance targets, and more.
- Top-of-the-line Heart Rate Monitoring: With improved accuracy, both devices offer advanced real-time heart rate monitoring, where users can continuously monitor their heart activity — when enjoying a stress-free nap, or an invigorating cycling class.
- Premium Partnerships: The Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro comes complemented with Under Armour and Spotify partnerships. Users can access Under Armour’s fitness apps, including Under Armour RecordTM, MyFitness Pal®, MapMyRun® and Endomondo™, where they can be provided with a holistic overview of their health and fitness, through the apps’ activity, nutrition, sleep and fitness tracking functions. With Spotify’s Offline mode, users can also listen to their favourite music offline or even without their smartphone, and enjoy their favourite tunes regardless of where they are.
- Auto Activity Detection: Both devices are both built-in with automatic activity detection that are tuned with and able to recognise users’ activities, including walking, running, cycling and even dancing and playing basketball.
- Personalized Motivation: Gear Sport and Gear Fit2 Pro users can customise their own wellness plan with tailored goals and alerts on both devices.
- Payments On the Go: The Gear Sport also features Samsung Pay, making payments accessible on users’ wrists, where they will be able to make payments on the go, even while on a run!
Local Pricing and Availability
The Gear Sport, Gear Fit2 Pro and Gear IconX will be available from Q4 2017.
Samsung Rewards for Samsung Pay
Samsung today also announced the launch of Samsung Rewards for Samsung Pay, the secure and easy-to-use mobile payment service that can be used to make purchases almost anywhere10 in Singapore. The first to launch in the Southeast Asia region, the launch of the new loyalty programme for the company’s flagship mobile payment service in the country follows its initial roll-out in U.S. and South Korea, in November 2016 and March 2017 respectively. In appreciation of the positive uptake of the mobile payment service by consumers, Samsung Rewards aims to provide Samsung Pay users with a more rewarding payment experience when making their purchases.
Samsung Rewards is a tiered loyalty programme specially curated for Samsung Pay users, where consumers can earn points from their transactions, which can then be redeemed for additional rewards in the form of gift vouchers from participating merchants or used to participate in the in-app games such as Spin-the-Wheel or Flip-a-Card for additional instant wins. Consisting of three loyalty tiers — Gold, Silver and Bronze — users can level up across the tiers after meeting a target number of transactions. With each level up achieved in the Samsung Rewards programme, users can get to earn more points per transaction, reaping additional rewards in return.
Samsung Rewards will be available on Samsung Pay from 15 September 2017, which is accepted at the vast majority of merchants in Singapore. Consumers may also try out the mobile payment service at the Samsung Pay Café, which will be exclusively showcased at Galaxy Studio from 9 September to 29 October 2017, 11am to 9pm daily.
Originally published at The Neo Dimension.