Singtel is launching Singapore’s first virtual Visa account on its all-in-one mobile payments app, Dash. The new and existing Dash customers will automatically receive a Dash Visa Virtual Account that can be used for mobile payments at over 50,000 merchant points across the island.
Dash Visa Virtual Account is a prepaid account. All new and existing Dash customers are eligible for a Dash Visa virtual account on Dash app v4.5. Using compatible NFC-enable mobile device, this virtual account also allows users to pay with VISA payWave and it should work on existing payWave terminal that merchants are currently using.
Singtel also announced future plans for Dash to be included in global wallets such as Apple Pay, and enable QR code payments to expand into hawker centres. In addition to Nanyang Polytechnic, Ngee Ann Polytechnic and Singapore Polytechnic, Dash is also working towards adding more educational institutions to its merchant list to widen its reach in the youth segment.
Payment aside. The Singtel Dash also offers remittance services to facilitate users in small local and international money transfer.
As of now, Singtel claims that it has over 500,000 customer base transacting via Singtel Dash.
To celebrate the launch of Dash Visa, customers will be able enjoy the following promotions from 21 July to 20 August 2017:
- New and re-contracting Singtel postpaid mobile customers will receive S$50 discounts or free accessories when they purchase the following handsets with Dash at any Singtel Shop:
- Sony Xperia™ XZ Premium, Huawei P10/P10 Plus and HTC U11 (S$50 handset discount)
- Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ (Free S Clear View Standing Cover)
- All Dash customers will also enjoy these exclusive partner deals (terms and conditions apply):
- S$1 Short Grain Rice or Instant White Coffee at Sheng Siong
- S$1 for any 8oz Hot Espresso-Based Beverage (U.P. S$4 to S$5.70) at Spinelli
- 18% off a minimum S$120 spend, plus S$5 Cashback on Zalora
- S$1 deals across various items and discount coupons on Qoo10
- S$10 Cashback with S$180 spend across merchants on Shopback
- S$5 Cashback with every S$50 top-up on GrabPay
Originally published at The Neo Dimension.