5 Work From Home Jobs To Earn Extra Money
If you’re like me and realize the main 9-to-5 isn’t cutting it when it comes to the finances, a second job is the way to go. What if you don’t want to leave the home and drive up and down? Never fear. There are many work from home job opportunities to make money.
Video Game and Software Tester
Fan of video games and apps? ErliBird is looking for beta testers regardless of your technical background. Registration is easy and can even be done using your Facebook account. Applicants must be 18 years old, speak and write fluent English, and own a PC, Mac, or mobile device that is necessary for their test. According to the website, you can receive 0–5 opportunities to participate each month. Each test is $10 or more. ErliBird will pay you through PayPal 7 days after the end of a project.
AppleCare At Home Advisor
You can be a part of the large Apple family with this job. You can live in any city in the U.S., not just where the job listing states. Make up to $17/hr, with “great benefits”, paid virtual training, employee discounts, and employee stock options.
From the Apple website:
We expect everything from an Advisor that our customers do and we want Apple to be a reflection of the world around us. As an AppleCare Advisor, you’ll be supporting many of our popular products, from iPhones to iPads to MacBooks to desktop Macs. As our customers’ first point of contact, you’ll be the friendly voice of Apple, providing world class customer service, troubleshooting, and technical support. We’ll rely on you to listen to our customers and use your technical knowledge, creativity, and passion to meet their needs — and remind them that behind our great products are amazing people. Because we believe our individual backgrounds, perspectives, and passions help us create the ideas that move all of us forward. We’ll train you to be the best.
Job Requirements include but are not limited to:
- Available to attend approximately 5–6 weeks of required training on a fixed schedule that may include weekends.
- Flexible to work between the hours of 7:00 a.m. CST and 10:30 p.m. CST including weekends and holidays, with the possibility to flex up or down hours depending upon business needs.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment assessment and background check.
- Successful completion of initial training.
- Able to meet minimum typing speed of 40 WPM while talking with customers.
- Minimum 2 years professional technical troubleshooting expertise or proven technical ability.
- Experience supporting customers via phone, e-mail, chat, and/or in person.
Don’t let the tutor part scare you off. An education background is not required to get this position that pays $10/hr. Get paid to teach English conversation to Chinese students on your time. You will need a PayPal account to get paid weekly, as long as your balance is at least $20.
Language Proficiency: English native speakers. Applicants with TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certificate or IELTS/TOEFL teaching experience will be preferred.
- Stable & High Internet Access (Required): Tutors’ internet speed requires to consistently be above 300kbps for uploading and 500kbps for downloading.
- Updated Android/IOS Operating System: NiceTalk can be compatible with IOS and Android cellphones. Cellphones with above 7.0 IOS operation system and 4.0 Android operation system will be preferable.
- Quiet Environment: Make sure you are in a quiet place to engage with your students. Background noise can be a distraction for both of you.
It’s easy to register. Sign up with an email address and upload a short video for the language check. Click here to visit the site.
Reservation Sales Agent for Holland America
Are you a fan of traveling? Do you like traveling by cruise ship with benefits? Holland America is looking for home-bound agents who live in Washington State, Oregon, Colorado, Florida, Texas, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, and Nevada. The company does not post the pay but based on reviews on Glassdoor, it varies from $11–16/hr.
As a Work at Home Reservation Sales Agent I for Holland America Line, you will respond to a variety of inbound calls from Travel Professionals and consumers. You will utilize your superior customer service skills to build rapport, recommend and book cruises, Land and Sea Journeys, and options. Be a knowledgeable resource for travel professionals and consumers. Provide quality customer service on all calls. Maintain department’s telephone service level goals. In this position, selected candidates will train and work from home.
Must have access to high speed broadband internet for business line connection.
- Must also have dedicated, quiet workspace in place of residence.
- Ability to work independently and meet performance metrics, adherence and availability requirements
- Excellent communication and listening skills required
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills
- Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, Outlook, website navigation and performance of key word searches, ability to distinguish colors in reservations computer system
- Previous sales or customer service experience required. Preferably in the travel or hospitality industry
- Flexibility of scheduling to work overtime, evenings until 7pm and weekends required. Schedule remains subject to change on a permanent or temporary basis should business needs require
- Benefits include tuition reimbursement, time off benefits, travel privileges for you and your family, 401K, and stock options.
To learn more, click here.
While I am not completely familiar with NiceTalk, I currently work for VIPKID as an online English teacher to Chinese students. The same requirements for NiceTalk are required for VIPKID, though you need to use a laptop or desktop to teach students. You can enter the classroom on your mobile device or tablet, but you will not be able to load the required documents or interact with your student.
With VIPKID, you set your own hours based on the Beijing time zone. You will need at least a Bachelor’s degree and a good command of the English language. You are free to live anywhere in the world as long as your Internet is stable.
The hiring process has several steps, from résumé submission to interview to a mock class. Depending on how you do on your mock class(es), your pay is determined. VIPKID advertises you can make up to $22/hr and $2000 per month. The company will pay monthly on the 15th of the following month. Classes run like a Skype video conference call where the teacher flips through PowerPoint slides, encouraging the student to speak, circle, draw lines, and complete actions.
As a teacher, you can teach students as young as 4 and as old as 14. Classes run 25–28 minutes long. So two classes would net you your hourly rate. The company continues to grow and continues to hire. I warn you, there might be some growing pains early on. Some teachers have complained about not getting enough bookings. I, personally, went almost 40 days before getting booked but that was because I started during Chinese New Year. Now, I am doing about 150 classes per month.
Feel free to use my referral link.