Hair Thickening Products — Best Rated Hair Thickening Products
List of the Best Hair Thickening Products proven to work either by stopping hair falling, or by increasing hair growth at a faster rate, or even helping resolve hair loss in men and women.
These products are the best hair thickening products you can use for hair in order of most effectiveness starting from the best to the least effective.
1. Taoist Soap: This is a powerful anti-inflammatory soap designed for the scalp, stopping inflammation the root cause of hair loss in men, and women (yes, even if it is hormone related hair loss, inflammation is the process which actually stops your hair from growing further, and eventually hair starts falling!).
This also has a natural hair thickening effect on the hair, and after 3–4 weeks of use, you should see this very clearly — you can use this soap in combination with other shampoo or conditioners, and you do not have to use this everyday for it to work — but when you do use it, leave it on the scalp for at least 3–5 minutes to allow it to soak and soothe the hair roots.
This soap also detoxifies your scalp and is so natural and pure that it is even edible, although we still don’t recommend you do that, as it is pricey, but worth the money as it lasts. Ideally you should buy at least 3 bars as they run out of stock pretty often, and its best to have a constant supply of it, and you save money when you order more than one bar — currently the only supplier for this soap (worldwide delivery).
2. B Complex Vitamins: These are taken because they help manage your stress and builds your body’s capacity to handle stress. Stress is the leading cause of most diseases, let alone a huge contributing factor for inflammation and hair loss in men and women. Which brand to take of B complex? Ideally, the most expensive and reputable brand you can find — this is because quality of the supplement is very different internally if you buy a cheap version of the B-complex — and reputable brands like Solgar would not try to deceive customers on what they are buying, at least from my experience.
3. Supplement: This is considered by many scientists as the most powerful antioxidant available on the planet. This literally reverses biological aging from the cellular level — this combined with the Taoist Handmade soap will make a powerful cosmetic product if it ever could have been patented.
Taking this on a longer term biases will help keep your body in a fitter condition, as well as keep a healthy circulatory system — but doing cardio and exercises is very important when taking any kind of supplements — just eating is 50% of the work — actually exercising regularly is the other half when it comes to taking supplements.
4. Alpecin Products Review: The Alpecin Shampoo has been reviewed by many people, and some say it works, and some say it does not work — it is basically a caffeine based product and is often used for helping stop hair loss. We don’t recommend this product so much if you use the Taoist soap then you won’t need this in the first place.
5. Scalp Massage: This is probably the most under-rated methodology of hair thickening, not so much a product — but it is still vital to consider carrying out a scalp massage once or twice a day, for 10–15 minutes. This method can replace drugs that were proven to help hair growth by increasing blood flow to the scalp (read below on products to stay away from). Video on scalp massage and how to do it is below:
Hair Thickening Products to Stay Away From
There are a lot of hyped up products out there — including ones by the pharmaceutical companies who loosely use terms like “clinically proven” too many times — we already no, no one method is a cure to hair loss, the above remedies and products work in combination, and that is how most people got their results — these products below, are ones you should stay away from, as they are the opposite of the best hair thickening products:
- Minoxidil: This has been talked about for years — the NHS even says they don’t know how it works till this day, but it “mysteriously” has worked on clinical trials. Problem is, they are lying, and they are doing it intentionally, because the reason why it worked on some people, can be replaced naturally — and this is not something companies want you to do, it hurts business after all. If you research enough, you will know it works by increasing circulation by expanding the vessels in the scalp — and this is why we talked about scalp massage on the above methods that work for thickening hair density.
- Finasteride: This is the drug often branded as Propecia — this too is something you should stay away of, with permanent side effects and permanent damage to the hormone system, it is not worth trying this drug under any circumstances — there are many forums setup just to promote this drug, with questionable people talking about their success stories with this. This is highly risky and will damage the male reproductive system.
- Revivogen MD: Another useless product, and will actually cause thinning hair in some people just like Minoxidil.
- Tricomin: Uses Copper peptides to “stimulate” hair — but there is no evidence of this working. A lot of fake reviews of this on forums.
- Kourosh: This is another product sold as a good hair thickening products range, but it is not — and many websites have discontinued its use.
- Toppik and COUVRe: This is not really a genuinely good hair thickening product either — it just topically makes it appear hair is thicker — you can use this for temporary effect, but long term, it may cause inflammation, which can make your current hair loss worse — it is better on the longer term to use the natural methods and products we described earlier in this guide.
- Ketoconazole shampoos: These hair thickening shampoos are of various brands and types, from Regenepure to other similar brands with various of being “Doctor” recommended. These do not target hair loss in a way that will help hair growth — as hair loss causes are often not related, especially if they talk about DHT blockers which is the next worst thing for helping hair.
- DHT blockers of any kind: These don’t work. Hair loss is not caused from DHT, it is caused from inflammation. If you stop inflammation, you stop roots of hair follicles from producing hair growth — DHT can cause inflammation which is why it was first thought to produce hair loss — but this is not true anymore as we have a better understanding of hair thinning in men and women. Increased circulation using scalp massage and the soap recommended earlier will help stop inflammation directly at the root, and permanently (you won’t have to keep using the soap to get the results) — stay away from DHT blockers, they are primitive methods of the time when people thought DHT is the cause for hair loss, which is not true.
BONUS TIP ON HAIR THICKENING:
Finding good hair thickening products is one thing, but you need to remember that hair is part of your body — and your body relies on blood circulation, nutrients, as well as your emotional well being (which is the most under-rated health view ever — as emotions directly affect hormones — which in turn affect your hair) all affect your hair growth and skin, complexion and even how you walk and talk — this article on hair loss also talks about this in detail.
Taking a holistic view such as this, will show you what you are doing wrong on a whole, and this in turn will help you get real results, which no product on earth can, but when combined, you can feel like you can move mountains — as we know hair thickening is a tricky thing to deal with, and not always easy to do.