Running a Mendix/MindSphere app hosted on Mendix Cloud inside MindSphere
If you want to develop and deploy a Mendix/MindSphere app, you will find a lot of helpful documentation how to do this.
Either on the MindSphere documentation or on the Mendix documentation website.
These guides describe how to run a Mendix application inside the integrated CloudFoundry environment on MindSphere.
But what if you want to do it the other way around?
Run the Mendix app in the Mendix cloud and integrate this app in MindSphere.
Is this possible? Yes. This is possible with the so called Selfhosted application feature of MindSphere.
What you need to do is the following:
- You need the MindSphere Outbound traffic upgrade
- Develop a Mendix/MindSphere app. The easiest way to do this is by using the Siemens MindSphere Starter Application
- Deploy the app to the Mendix cloud
- Register the app with the external URL as a selfhosted application inside MindSphere
- Set the correct CSP header
- Set the correct MindSphere roles/scopes
- Start the application via the MindSphere Launchpad
Through this way you benefit from all the nice feature of the Mendix cloud, like:
- One-Click deployment
- Detailed monitoring and logging
- Easy debugging
If you want to learn more about Low-Coding with Mendix, create your account on Mendix.com today…