Work at This Here: Senior Producer/Operations Manager
Who are you?
We’re looking for an ambitious and senior organisational superhero with a background in the advertising, digital, or creative industries. You are part Project Manager, part People Manager. Part legend. Part horse. And ready for the next step in your career, a move into Operations.
You can already manage complex production projects in your sleep, plan timelines and budgets, handle tricky clients, and you’re pretty good at motivating members of your project teams, but that was last year. Now you want to step up from managing projects, to managing a business — getting to grips with finance, profitability, HR, tax and everything else that makes a company a happy place to work.
In this job, you’ll get to do both.
Who are we?
This Here is a creative agency with our eyes on the ever-changing digital landscape.
After 5 years making award-winning campaigns for social media and developing our own data systems, we’re now focused on delivering influencer marketing strategies and campaigns that put creative excellence and performance amazingness at the same level.
We believe nothing connects more with people than other people. That’s why we partner with the Internet’s most loved ones and tell stories that make people feel something — whether it’s joy, rebellion, or the urge to dance.
Take a look at our clients and work here: http://thishe.re
We’ve just won North Face and Head, adding these to a stable of fashion and alcohol brands, and we’re on a mission to grow.
Alongside this we’ve developed some proprietary technology internally, which we’re continuing to develop, part of the reason why we need someone senior on board to keep the agency in check throughout this process.
You’ll be joining a small and growing company, the role is a truly exciting opportunity — a chance to join on the ground floor as we grow our client base and shape our company culture.
Your role will be divided between two areas:
1. Production Leadership
We need a brilliant hybrid, someone with the wherewithal to deftly solve emerging client needs that our influencer managers escalate to you, along with the tenacity to oversee delivery of complex projects with ease. You’ll work across a wide portfolio of campaigns, overseeing the teams who produce campaigns for an exciting range of clients. You’ll also host our Monday morning planning meetings, and get to choose the relevant selection of pastries or treats to accompany it. :)
You will ideally have 3–5 year’s experience:
- Overseeing studio resourcing, listening to team members, knowing who needs what for when, and finding solutions to anything in their way
- Working on a strategic level to understand customer or client needs (a brief) then deftly turning this into a project for both internal and external teams to work to (a plan)
- Preparing Statements of Work, cost estimates, production plans, timelines, and setting up our tracking and project systems to store influencer data, setup contracts, and store influencer invoices.
- Leading teams to deliver projects (running kick off meetings, status meetings, production meetings, project wrap-ups)
- Liaising with third parties and freelancer teams, including producers, creatives, designers, copywriters, photographers, and filmmakers.
- Delivering multiple projects on time and to budget.
- Being a total team player and a bit of a systems thinker
2. Operations Management
As you find your feet with the projects and clients, you’ll begin to take on the Operational Management, becoming a partner-in-crime to the Founder as a trusted decision-maker, a safe pair of hands, and a respected leader to the team.
The various tasks and areas of work include:
- Running Payroll
- Issuing Client Invoices and chasing payments
- Paying Freelancer and Influencer Invoices
- Calculating and Reviewing Project and Client Profitability
- Taking a strategic role in shaping project budgets and scopes of work
- Making decisions on studio resourcing and HR
- General company-wide troubleshooting, system and process creation, and
What you’ll get
- A salary
- A generous and valuable EMI Scheme (after probation)
- Home broadband allowance
- Friday catch-ups with some tasty wine and snacks
- A lovely desk in our quiet, bright, central Broadway Market studio
- A monthly massage
- Employer contribution to auto-enrollment pension scheme
- To work with a bunch of nice, talented and creative people.
- The odd European jaunt for work to Barcelona, Milan, etc. Excited? We are.
We’re really looking forward to meeting you.